Jade Fern Grove We mean it, but I promise we're not mean.
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Keeping this vague! Assuming it's set for the 18th - let me know if you had different intentions (:

She'd stolen away from where the family was gathered shortly after Siarut had led her there, and hadn't yet returned. Instead for the past few hours, she had simply wandered the Grove in a fruitless effort to chill her fired nerves. Anxiety wormed through her clouded thoughts and made her skin crawl with the restless want to run, and so Nanook turned her antsy walk to a fleet-footed lope through the shade of the tall, thin trees for as long as the heat would allow. Prey scent surrounded her, and here and there she struck out to see if she could channel her energy into something productive, but every time she found her efforts futile, and even now found she wandered as empty-pawed as she'd come in.

Midday turned to the wake of evening with a gruelling slowness, but finally, the sun began her descent. But the heat still gripped her, and so Nanook spent her final hours here splashing through one of the fern-covered streams that ran the course of the territory. The cool water clung to her like beads of morning dew, and she lowered herself to let the shallow river course around her and cover her completely. The run had done much to physically calm her, but her mind still hummed with a constant replay of all that had gone down short hours before. She had to get a grip on this, to reign in the darkening sense of fear and dread, because if she didn't she knew that by the time the pack chose to move, she would only remain in a single track of fading scent leading out and away from this place.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
We mean it, but I promise we're not mean. - by Takiyok - July 18, 2018, 07:06 PM
RE: We mean it, but I promise we're not mean. - by Nanook - July 18, 2018, 10:23 PM
RE: We mean it, but I promise we're not mean. - by Nanook - August 06, 2018, 04:35 PM
RE: We mean it, but I promise we're not mean. - by Nanook - August 14, 2018, 11:04 PM