Falls of the Hinterlands and if you don't love me now, you will never love me again
you've still got a little lightning in you
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
All Welcome 
It wasn't as often as it had been, back when she'd first found out. After hearing the news, she'd cried for a day and a night, unable to walk even to the river for the grief that had pinned her bodily to the ground. The girl - Skraeling - had remained with her until she'd been able to move once more, and had walked by her side to Round Valley, where Sunspot had been waiting. They'd cried together, and Easy (as she'd been known back then, before Sunspot had told her it was no fit name for a young woman) had continued to cry in jags that lasted for minutes at times, hours at others. And when she'd been able to more than a day without it, she'd left. And by the time she'd reached the rise where she and Aditya had reunited, she hadn't for weeks.

But today was a crying day, it seemed. The grief was no less sharp for having slept for a time, and she gasped along with her sobs, trying to catch her breath, stumbling to a stop without really seeing where her flight had taken her. Gradually, though, she came to realize that her paws were wet, and she sank gratefully into the cool, clear waters. There was a soothing rumble in the background, and it helped disguise the sounds of her sobs. She found she could barely hear them at all as she quieted herself, and it eased her heart a little - made her feel a little less alone.
ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier
JoiMorningbreeze!
Messages In This Thread
and if you don't love me now, you will never love me again - by Easy - September 16, 2018, 04:53 PM