Dragoncrest Cliffs i thought i was different but it seems i’m just the same
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
i was given permission to wrap this up <3 kept things vague! please let me know if anything needs to be changed. i'm going to archive this so we can clean it out of all our threadlogs.

ephraim did not have the courage to stand and fight. of course, illidan did not know the strange fog that had been cast over his brother's fragile mind. war was a wild thing. still, he did not think to venture so far as to expect that to be the reason that the sandy sibling fled into the crowd of cliff wolves. all it meant was illidan was granted a momentary superiority over his blood relation who had forgotten them and joined the enemy. it had given him a moment to realize just how little they needed ephraim.

so, in spite of his anger and resentment, the wildling did not pursue. he was not foolish enough to throw himself into the midst of their entire pack to see what they would spit back out. no, he watched as the sandy figure darted away and slammed into... an unfamiliar shape. it was in this moment that illidan realized there was no use in attempting to get his revenge. he was better off, anyway. even with the looming presence of the drageda wolves, he was better off.

rusalka did not succeed, but their wolves turned away from the battle and slunk back to the guarded beach below. he hoped that they had made an impression, at least. he hoped that there was a tick of worry in the minds of the drageda wolves whenever they might look at their prisoner. though it pained him to think that they had failed to retrieve the woman they had sought to reclaim, he knew that they had at least done something. so, they left for home – a little worse for wear than when they had arrived.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i thought i was different but it seems i’m just the same - by Illidan - February 05, 2019, 07:58 PM