Whitefish River we just keep swimming, swimming, swimming upstream
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Rue's ears flattened when Kavik first voiced his disagreement. Had she read Minori incorrectly? 

...Ah. He disagreed with Rue's assessment of herself, not of Minori. Rue lowered her muzzle humbly at the praise, but surprisingly (most surprisingly to Rue herself, perhaps) a small, almost imperceptible smile tugged at the corner of her expression. Perhaps it was just her reaction to the endorphin rush after a successful hunt, but it felt nice to be supported… to be appreciated.

As for Rue’s evaluation of Minori, Kavik agreed. It was a relief to Rue, to know their views were concurrent. Kavik urged her to keep watch for a packmate who might be suitable, and Rue nodded. ”My eye is on Corvus,” she admitted, and then hurriedly added, “..for leadership.” Thank the stars wolves couldn’t blush. “I’m interested to see how he resettles.” Corvus had only just arrived back to the Plateau after (in Rue’s opinion) a rather mysterious period of absence. More time would tell whether the man truly was committed to the Plateau, and if he should prove such loyalty, Rue would have no problem leading beside the perceptive and sharp-minded Corvus.

With a sigh of finality, Rue switched the subject back to Minori. ”I think she—Minori—ought to be told this decision, and some of the reasoning behind it.” They could just say nothing and simply not promote Minori, and eventually she would come to understand that she had not been selected for the position. But wouldn’t it be more helpful for Minori to know immediately and to know why, so that she knew what to focus her self-improvement efforts upon? It would also go without saying that Kavik needed to be the one to speak to Minori about this, as he was no doubt the most respected leader in her eyes.
Messages In This Thread
RE: we just keep swimming, swimming, swimming upstream - by Ruenna - January 22, 2019, 11:01 AM