Witch's Marsh kiss your eyelids in the morning as you start to raise your head
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Close up so we can continue in our new thread? :)

Her brother, the storyteller — she loved so much about him, but this was certainly one of her favorite things. Cortez was the more reserved of the two, far less outspoken that their gregarious brother Calder, but he truly shone when he was weaving and twisting stories with his words. It did not matter if it was an old favorite tale, a true story from personal account, or something he was making up on the spot. Even as a child, he had always the ability to captivate people’s minds.

Olive allowed her mind to go blank as she took in Cortez’s story of the mouse and the eagle, internalizing every word. It was a short story, but not short on impact: Olive new exactly that feeling he was describing, the calm that something came about during very un-calm things. Perhaps that’s what made Cortez such a great weaver of realities, he knew exactly how to inspire the emotions that he wanted to make you feel.

Pausing a moment to let it sink in, she breathed
“Wow…” and then stared at the ground again, silent and pondering. Finally, her thoughts were collected. “The bird came for that mouse like fate comes for all of us. We are powerless to change it, so we must surrender to our circumstances. That way… even if death… we create peace.” She turned to face the all-too-familiar face of her dear sibling, exchanging with him a wry smile. “I think you will do well at Elysium, brother.”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread