Hushed Willows [festival] remember what you were made to be. remember your words.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
I know you’re eager to close this, so I’ll just fade here! Thanks for the extra round :)

Aure listened like a well-trained and gracious student, but there was a sense of not-understanding that Olive easily detected. It was fine, there were very few wolves who could be considered devout right off the back. It had even taken Olive a year of grooming by her mother to be as intuitive and devotional as she was. Most wolves needed to experience the gods and the stars themselves before they surrendered, truly believing. 

But within Aure, there was trepidation and fear. Olive looked down her nose at her kindly, listening as she spoke and taking in every word, and every word’s unspoken meaning.
“I can show you,” the pale druid offered. “But you must then listen to them, and tell me what they say, even if it is nothing.” Perhaps when Aure tried it for herself, she’d be surprised to hear how loud the stars could whisper. Perhaps she’d even hear the voices of her babes within her belly, or relatives long dead! It always amazed Olive what she might find when she turned herself to the night sky and embraced the energies around her. Maybe, with time, so would the scarred princess at her side.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread