Hushed Willows for he has cast down leviathan, the tyrant, and the horse and rider
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
She and her shadowed daughter, whenever they were in one another’s company, got along famously — they always had, even when she was child, while her brothers were either 1) absent, or 2) fought her and others are every turn. Sometimes it surprised her that the star-speckled girl elected not to whether her days here at her side, where life would be made easy, but she understood that not all wolves were made for life amongst a sanctuary. Cassiopeia was made of different stuff, and that was to be respected, even if the mother did long to have her daughter by her side at all times. When Cass called her unborn half-brothers and half-sisters lucky, Olive almost used it as an opportunity to clarify exactly why she chose to remain afar, far away from her, but she bit her tongue. This was not her place to pry. 

Instead, the pale priestess smiled towards her child and continued to meander amongst the willows. Where there were heading, she did not know — possibly her and Seabreeze and Delight’s den, possibly the rose garden, possibly the caches to grab a snack to share… their padding feet, whatever their intention was, would show them the way. Thus was the magic of the willows; they showed you exactly what you needed. At Cassiopeia’s endearing comment, Olive could not help but agree.
“Lucky they are, but only because these willows are magic,” she deflected and redirected. “I am the truly fortunate one, for all my children, both near and far.” At that, Olive gently sidestepped closer to the girl and brushed her shoulder, wishing she could hold her tight and never allow her to leave. These children were lucky because they were being born into a world of love and light, whereas poor Cassiopeia and her other two boys were born into an existence of expulsion — of homelessness, of seeking, of denial.

Cassiopeia did not seem to question the idea of Delight being one of her wives, although she did indeed utter a question. It was nice how many of those around her simply accepted the fact that Delight identified as her wife, and that she was allowed to love two at once, where most limited their love to a solitary soul. With her grand love dead and gone, Olive saw no reason to limit herself in any way such as this. The jade-eyed wolfess nodded eagerly.
“Yes. We’ve grown fond of each other, and I do believe that Delight and Seabreeze have a sort of… spiritual connection.” Perhaps it was too much information for Cassiopeia, but it was the truth. It was a mutual caring for Seabreeze that bonded she and the Seraph together, and what made the decision to create life with one another. Delight alone held they key their neither she nor her sand-coated lover could. “and anything that creates more love and light in this dark, dark world is worth doing, is it not?” she canted her head, wondering what Cassiopeia might make of such a sentiment. She was surprisingly open-minded, but not when it came to these overtly-fluffy things. 

The next thing that left Cassiopeia’s lips, quite seriously, stopped Olive in her tracks. She halted, cocking her head at her daughter in stunned inquiry. She had never thought of her children as overtly romantic or sexual beings — in fact, they were more like lovely nightmares that she figured had chosen solitary, wandering existences. A man? Really?
“By the shore? A seawolf?” She said incredulously. Her immediately reaction was happiness, for she wished nothing but happiness for her progenies, but her secondary reaction was questioning. Who was this man? Did he deserve her dear Cassiopeia — and on that matter, was it even a serious enough relationship to warrant that question?  “I always knew this day would come.”  No she didn’t. “Does he treat you well? Are you happy?” In all honesty, these were the only things that mattered. The woman watched her child's face beam as she spoke of the man she loved, and then they ate and spoke of other wonderful things, and all was happy.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams