Neverwinter Forest i was born to fly away
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
All Welcome 
Despite that the rain hadn't dared to let up another day, Dirge did not ignore the beckon of the wilderness any longer. Though he would ultimately return to the sanctity offered by Moonspear, the necessity to stretch his legs took precedence. He had made decent time skirting along the sunken reaches of the Spine before arcing northward to the robust splash of evergreens and the tangle therein; it was there he lingered along their thinning edge, along the very cusp he considered the break before the plains and the river valleys beyond.

There was a particular chill to linger in the air in the early afternoon, the forest dark and damp in the mountain's shadow. One would daresay it a touch foggy even, the way that the misting elements and warming earth pulled clout together to set a stage. He found very little disturbed here, but it was just as difficult to tell whether or not it would be; Dirge did not make regular trips here by any means, yet it seemed a perfect stage for a number of events of the past. Namely from his own catalogue of memories—even out here, @Hydra's essence may as well have been teasing him. But he did not believe that she would follow him this far, not with the season. Not with the season that seemed to be reeling her in, bit by bit.

He wagered that was in part why he felt keen to return to Moonspear, why he would not push much further beyond this without reason. Where the call of the wilderness pulled at the reins of desire something fierce, this newer anomaly pulled him in close. The departure from Moonspear may as well have been killing two birds with one stone—he'd answer that call to venture, and to gather his thoughts appropriately so. With a shake of his coat to cast off clinging water, he began a slow trek along the fine edge of the old wood, and attended to his options.

anyone welcome, tags are for visibility.
Messages In This Thread
i was born to fly away - by Dirge - April 08, 2019, 11:02 PM
RE: i was born to fly away - by Vanity - April 09, 2019, 04:22 PM
RE: i was born to fly away - by Dirge - April 10, 2019, 07:10 PM
RE: i was born to fly away - by Vanity - April 11, 2019, 04:28 PM
RE: i was born to fly away - by Dirge - April 18, 2019, 09:47 PM
RE: i was born to fly away - by Vanity - April 24, 2019, 11:34 AM
RE: i was born to fly away - by Dirge - April 24, 2019, 01:43 PM
RE: i was born to fly away - by Vanity - April 24, 2019, 02:10 PM
RE: i was born to fly away - by Dirge - April 25, 2019, 03:44 AM
RE: i was born to fly away - by Vanity - April 27, 2019, 11:14 AM
RE: i was born to fly away - by Dirge - April 27, 2019, 02:45 PM