Emberwood the black hills, the bad lands, the calloused east
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Looking at the ground, Olive felt the hot fingers of fear begin to penetrate her heart for the first time. “Cort, I…” She began take in breathe quickly, erratically, and when she looked up at him, her brother would be able to see a stricken energy had overtaken her soft, jade irises. This was too fast to be labor; and besides, she wasn’t due for another week — maybe more. “S-something’s wrong,” the woman stuttered, her voice nervous and faltering. No matter what this was, it was happening far away from home, and farther away from home they were, the less safe they were. They needed to get back to Elysium, and fast. 

Olive laid fully upon the ground, not sure she wanted to move to the place Cortez had suggested, speaking anxiously to herself.
“It’s too early, it’s not supposed to be like this…” then she looked up at Cortez, entirely unsure what to do. At least the intense pain was hadn't come back since the last spasm, but it had been replaced by a duller, ever-present throb.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: the black hills, the bad lands, the calloused east - by Olive - April 26, 2019, 09:01 PM