Moonspear for every sense, a sensation
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
And as he had predicted, by the time they made their way up and along the mountain, his temper had cooled. But the thoughts that lingered at the back of his mind were there, wondering over the idle pluck-plucking of wound strings and whether or not they were tied to the same tapestry laid bare in equally idle recesses of his mind. It did not entirely make him question his own union with the fleet-footed Hydra at the helm of their trek, but he wondered where exactly it would guide them. She seemed hellbent on covering ground to somewhere in particular while he trailed a distance, ruminating.

Soon they were no longer alone and the pieces snapped together; the summoning call, the mother hen beckoning her chicks to come back and roost. Or perhaps it may have been more adequate to imply that Amekaze stood with an expression not unlike that of an executioner. He had not known her to have a variety of faces to wear, but displeasure was noticeable enough, and new. He heard the lilt of Hydra's voice, the brevity of her remarks, and it was without much thought that he found himself cashing in on the opportunity to follow her mark with his gaze to linger on his partner briefly.

"He didn't seem too keen on any help at all. Much more interested in being dismissive in our attempts," he intoned, almost conspiratorial. His frustrations were not entirely his own, however, and he elaborated as he went along. "Revui and Arcturus did not seem very pleased either. I'm not sure where they've skirted off to, if they came back this way at all." He didn't recall that they had, but Revui had been clearly upset, to put things nicely. He couldn't quite pin down Arcturus yet, other than the bond he had with his brother, and presumed one simply followed the other. It did not seem so out of the norm, not like this situation and all the nuances it brought to light.

"And to be fair, I'm not so sure Speedy wanted to go anywhere with anyone," he added, gaze swinging to Amekaze curiously, and concerned. "She said she was trying to get away, to avoid trouble, but I don't think her plan was all that thought out. Revui tried to stay close to her and she was uncomfortable, to say the least." He liked her as well as he did any other though their acquaintance was just that, but that part of her story had seemed genuine.
Messages In This Thread
for every sense, a sensation - by Amekaze - April 28, 2019, 03:57 AM
RE: for every sense, a sensation - by Lyra - April 28, 2019, 05:21 AM
RE: for every sense, a sensation - by Amekaze - April 29, 2019, 11:18 PM
RE: for every sense, a sensation - by Hydra - May 05, 2019, 05:33 PM
RE: for every sense, a sensation - by Dirge - May 06, 2019, 12:41 AM
RE: for every sense, a sensation - by Amekaze - May 13, 2019, 01:04 PM
RE: for every sense, a sensation - by Hydra - May 16, 2019, 09:19 AM
RE: for every sense, a sensation - by Dirge - May 17, 2019, 09:37 PM
RE: for every sense, a sensation - by Amekaze - May 21, 2019, 11:58 PM