Moonspear for every sense, a sensation
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Hydra's intent cut cleanly through the tense air and for all things considered, Dirge agreed with her. He didn't think it was right at all that they had been turned away, let alone expected to tolerate Charon's continued absence from the mountain. All the actions hardly seemed befitting of someone holding the title, but he suspected they all had different marks for what was acceptable and not. These were not opinions he found himself voicing, knowing full and well that what would be, would be, and that eventually transgressions perceived truthful or not would be brought to light. He would do nothing to quell fires here.

"The lads will come back," he said, speaking of Revui and Arcturus. "Angry as they are right now, I'd imagine they've gone to blow off some steam and compose themselves. They'll keep each other out of trouble." He doubted they would rampage the countryside and find women to have their way with just as much as he doubted they would go sink their teeth into some hapless wayfarer's flesh. If anything, the latter seemed more up Hydra's alley.

But in regards to finding Speedy, his features resembled more of a grimace for a fleeting moment. "They couldn't have gone far, I'd imagine, but the difficulty would still be in getting them to return on terms other than his," he stated, gaze going to Hydra as he went on. "Charon had no issues in posturing to make you leave. I thought for a moment he'd set teeth to you when you tried to rein Speedy in. My presence there seemed of no consequence beyond an afterthought." Concern laced his words, half in truth and half there for a reason. He hadn't forgotten it, thought sure there would have been a fight if not for the intervening call that had brought them there.

Of course, whether or not it would have come down to that, he didn't know. He knew there were some things that family simply presumed about family, but he lacked that reflex and for good reason—he knew all too well that if it was often those closest that posed the most danger.

He sighed.

"Far be it from me to speak out of place, but I don't know what sense he finds in his plans. They're petulant, simply put, and so was he. Doesn't seem particularly fitting of his station for him to treat any of you so lowly. Or is this familiar?" Perhaps this was the common fare of every late spring, for tempers to swell just as much as desire. This he genuinely did not know, as he had long been gone and swallowed whole by the wilderness that hemmed them in. If it were nothing new then perhaps he ought not be surprised or tempting to coax such ill-humored flames, and if it were, then it spoke volumes. But there was far more to it that he only had inklings of.

oof this is wordy my bad
Messages In This Thread
for every sense, a sensation - by Amekaze - April 28, 2019, 03:57 AM
RE: for every sense, a sensation - by Lyra - April 28, 2019, 05:21 AM
RE: for every sense, a sensation - by Amekaze - April 29, 2019, 11:18 PM
RE: for every sense, a sensation - by Hydra - May 05, 2019, 05:33 PM
RE: for every sense, a sensation - by Dirge - May 06, 2019, 12:41 AM
RE: for every sense, a sensation - by Amekaze - May 13, 2019, 01:04 PM
RE: for every sense, a sensation - by Hydra - May 16, 2019, 09:19 AM
RE: for every sense, a sensation - by Dirge - May 17, 2019, 09:37 PM
RE: for every sense, a sensation - by Amekaze - May 21, 2019, 11:58 PM