Heron Lake Plateau that was pretty bad ass until it wasn't.
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
All Welcome 
Can I just say that eyeballs are the best? I mean sure, Fig had always had them. So the better comment would probably be to say that working eyeballs were the best. But I think you get it no matter what way I say it, so all of this rambling is kind of pointless. Point is, Fig enjoyed being able to see.

What he did not enjoy was being restricted over where he was permitted to use his eyeballs. The den had once seemed like the whole world to him, but now he was able to see that there was a place in it where the big wolves came and went. Where was it they were going? Where were they coming from? Thus far his attempts to discover this had been quickly deterred by the same big wolves that were constantly rubbing it in his face that they were allowed to go there at will.

But now, the big wolves were asleep. And only little Fig was awake, gazing hungrily at the magic portal. His little pea brain wasn't very smart, but after attempting to escape a good 572 times (often one attempt immediately following the other because persistence is key, my friends) while the big wolves were awake to stop him, it was occuring to him that now might be a good time to try. That or he just wanted to try again with no actual concept of the logic that would drive his chances of success. I'm going to guess its the latter.

With steps that were very slowly growing more coordinated, the pup stood and trotted towards the mouth of the den. The more steps he took, the more his little tail began beating back and forth. It was working!! He was only about thirteen seconds into his attempt at that point, but still. He was going to ride the high of victory as long as he could, which would likely only be another ten.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.
Fenn is welcome at all times and will in fact make me sad if she doesn't show up.
Messages In This Thread
that was pretty bad ass until it wasn't. - by Figment - April 28, 2019, 09:43 AM