Hushed Willows wohlhabend
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The spirit felt immediately better with Mahler here; now she could hand the reins over to someone else and not be in control of this situation for a short while. Ariel and Seabreeze and Lily were wonderful help, but it was she who had the traumatic birth and only she who could feed them; and though she and her wives had a tendency to worry all the same, Olive somehow felt that her responsibility weighed more heavily than theirs. 

The weakened mother accepted the gift quietly, appreciate of the gesture — beavertail tasted just like candy, she knew, and she felt as though it would nourish her well.
“There was a lot before, a little during, and not so much after,” she spoke softly and gave a sidelong glance to her wives. Olive had spared them both the gruesome details of it all — perhaps it had something to do with Cortez vomiting upon seeing her bloodied that made her reluctant to tell others. “I could walk home with some… help,” at least that was how the rest of Elysium had seen her, upon her return, bolstered by stigmata and cortez and those who carried the children. 

Mahler continued to ask questions, hoping to fully grasp the situation.
“It has, but I suspect that’s because this is my third litter,” she gave a small laugh, as if she was grateful for that, which she was, but… she thought about this often, and considered it extremely unfair. “My third… isn’t it supposed to get easier?” she bemoaned gently, masking her nervousness with a bit of humor.

She glanced down to the three boys, who dozed gently at her belly. @Atwood even still had his small mouth attached to a nipple, and would sometimes suck as he slept.
“They nurse like fiends,” she commented, happy for that. It was as if they were hoping to make up for the womb-time they missed out on.At Mahler’s prompt to inspect her, she nodded. “Yes… Of course.” she said amenably, shifting to the side with the intention of making it easy for Mahler to see whatever he needed to see.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
wohlhabend - by Mahler - May 11, 2019, 12:49 PM
RE: wohlhabend - by Olive - May 11, 2019, 11:17 PM
RE: wohlhabend - by Mahler - May 18, 2019, 05:40 PM
RE: wohlhabend - by Olive - May 24, 2019, 05:33 PM
RE: wohlhabend - by Mahler - May 25, 2019, 11:54 PM
RE: wohlhabend - by Olive - May 28, 2019, 04:41 PM
RE: wohlhabend - by Mahler - June 01, 2019, 06:33 PM
RE: wohlhabend - by Olive - June 05, 2019, 03:20 PM