Lost Creek Hollow Two, Four, Six, Eight; Everybody Excavate!
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ibis tried to focus on the child instead of the woman beyond, feeling as though Treason was staring at her a little too intensely; but that was Ibis for you, super sensitive and feeling like her step-mother was a hair's breath away from charging over and driving her away for no good reason what-so-ever. It was a vibe she felt off of the woman that unsettled her, and for the life of her Ibis couldn't understand why her kind, loving, reserved father felt such kinship with the woman. Right - focus, Ibis, you're here on a mission and you need to stop getting distracted.

The child spoke, which surprised her, but it shouldn't have since Rannoch's kids were talking already and they must've been born somewhat close-together. She managed to understand the babble and was amused when the girl commented on her size - but with an opposite reaction to what everyone else had; give it time, Jet. You'll probably out-weight your half-sister within a month. 'Joo eat all your brothers? Jet queried, and Ibis couldn't help but laugh aloud at the implication — Of course n-- Zat why yer in trubble? --ot. Oh. So even the youngster could register the tension between the two women? That wasn't a good sign. Ibis took a deep breath.

I love hugs! Thank you, she confirmed as Jet smothered her further, flopping about in a most amusing - and odd - fashion. This was probably the most rambunctious child Ibis had ever seen! Granted she'd only known a few, but Ashlar had been playful and well-behaved, and Aengus had been charming and adorable. Jet seemed like all of these things but with more energy than a hummingbird! I have one brother, his name is -- I call him Okee, he's much, much bigger than me. I dunno if I could eat him - I might need help. Have you met him yet? She hunkered down upon her belly and nudged the girl's chin with her nose, wondering if they'd one day grow up to rival even her mountain of a brother.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Two, Four, Six, Eight; Everybody Excavate! - by Ibis (Ghost) - June 07, 2019, 10:12 PM