Neverwinter Forest and i wondered for those i love still
134 Posts
Ooc —
The boy was terrified of her. Figures. Hardly any surprise - she was an impressive figure, no?

Belharra stepped back, giving Cam the space his dancing gaze indicated he needed. He looked stricken. Not just by teeth or whatever, either, but by her. Belharra was about to offer some sort of soft word or a croon to steady him when she heard somewhere behind her the crashing of what was either a boulder, or a very angry wolf.

"Hold tight. Someone's coming." She shared a wink with the boy and then turned around, just in time to come face to face with a bristling and overkeyed yearling who spared her no courtesy, whatsoever. Blinking rather slowly, Belharra straightened herself and looked around her pointedly. My territory, he had said.. yet last Belharra checked, neutral land belonged to no one.

Heck, she had half a mind to show him how asinine that claim was just by spitting the same back. Anyone could claim they owned a forest, why, they could even say they owned the patch of dirt they stood upon, or a tree or even a patch of ferns... If Belharra had learned anything from her mother (and she had learned plenty, mostly bad, mind) it was that ya ain't owned anything unless you could cram it down your gullet hole yourself.

So Belharra looked around her cool as a cuke, and then to the wolf who stood before her more ornery than a bison cow separated from her calf by rushwater. It wasn't in her nature to be downright disrespectful to good folk, but there was a kid here blatantly hurt, and this guy was more concerned about his forest - some good folk, she guessed. "Whoa, steady there champ." Belharra eased into her strategist (strategy: set everything aflame) role with the practiced skill of someone who had spent many a moonlit night mediating for scraps: "Your forest? Does neutral land mean somethin' different to ya? You know this kiddo behind ya is hurt, right? I was gonna help him, before you came along prissy as a stormcloud. He'll need honey - you got that in your forest? In a pinch some sort of tar -" Belharra looked around and surmised that pitch or tar was had here in spades, given the amount of firs here. She begun to walk away from the two of them, looking for any sort of fir that was profusely leaking sap. "or pitch and the like, will do. Binds up the cut nice-like, if you please. Say, never got your name or what exactly your forest is called. Mine's Belharra." Here a grin spread wide across her features, accompanied by something a little less friendy - a hard glint in her eyes that said she was in no mood to bicker over who owned what in a clearly neutral territory. Anyway, there was a kid involved. Belharra wasn't so cruel as to ignore a kid who needed some sort of medical attention.
Messages In This Thread
and i wondered for those i love still - by Cam - November 17, 2019, 05:10 PM
RE: and i wondered for those i love still - by Belharra - November 19, 2019, 05:38 PM
RE: and i wondered for those i love still - by Mal - November 19, 2019, 09:28 PM
RE: and i wondered for those i love still - by Cam - November 21, 2019, 07:28 PM
RE: and i wondered for those i love still - by Belharra - November 21, 2019, 10:10 PM
RE: and i wondered for those i love still - by Mal - November 21, 2019, 11:26 PM
RE: and i wondered for those i love still - by Markus - November 22, 2019, 12:19 AM
RE: and i wondered for those i love still - by Cam - November 24, 2019, 10:03 PM
RE: and i wondered for those i love still - by Belharra - November 24, 2019, 10:22 PM