Emberwood Caught in a landslide of emotions.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
It wasn't that she doubted his ability or his motivation, or even his dedication to the collective—but it was good to have everything confirmed by his own words. A pledge to protect them for as long as necessary. Not many of the wolves she'd collected had the same bulk to them, and certainly not the same skill set. Are you worried about anything in particular? Asked the man plainly, to which Ibis shook her head.

No, I'm sure we'll be fine for the winter. I don't suspect any issues within the forest. It was good to keep herself apprised of each individual's happiness and the skills they could contribute, and that was the extent of it. She clears her throat softly before adding, I'm glad that you—both of you—feel so at home here. I was hoping... Well, here she began to waffle a bit, not sure how to phrase things. She still didn't know very much about Kavik but she wanted to trust in his strength and experience.

I've never led anything before and I don't know if I'm fully equipped to do it by myself. There was an implication there; a few steps later, she pauses in the patrol and lets the words sink in, then continues: I want to form a small council to help me with leadership, and you're high on my list. You were an Alpha before, and I think the pack would benefit—and I would benefit—with your support and experience. It would be yourself, Bhediya, Awol... And maybe one other.

Thus she stops her explanation, and watches him. Hopefully the request wasn't too much to ask, although it was a large subject to draw him in to. If he refused then she'd have to rethink how things would work, or find a suitable replacement—but Ibis wasn't there yet.
Messages In This Thread
Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 18, 2019, 09:13 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - November 19, 2019, 12:02 AM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 19, 2019, 12:27 AM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - November 19, 2019, 01:41 AM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 21, 2019, 01:00 AM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - November 21, 2019, 02:07 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 24, 2019, 05:28 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - November 26, 2019, 07:21 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 26, 2019, 07:42 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - November 26, 2019, 08:51 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 27, 2019, 01:34 AM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - December 10, 2019, 01:16 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 11, 2019, 05:50 PM
RE: Caught in a landslide of emotions. - by RIP Kavik - December 27, 2019, 02:08 AM