Swiftcurrent Creek I know what I like and you're the only one of you
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The uproar of laughter caught Ibis off-guard but it was a good sound, one she missed. It had been many days since she had felt like laughing, and at least a season since anyone around her had the good spirit to do so; the famine had stripped more than muscle away from the wolves in this valley. It did indeed surprise her and Ibis found herself smirking before she could stop herself, with the expression fading as soon as the woman began to speak again - expressing her confidence, her power, which Ibis envied.

I never need help, said the woman prior to giving thanks, not that Ibis deserved any thanks. She wasn't discerning with who she offered the forest to, which was something she would need to revise in the coming days (considering a dead body would be found upon their lands soon enough). Ciao -- said the woman as she departed, having not shared her name.

Ibis opened her mouth to ask for it before they could escape, but her tongue was tied. She watched as the dark shape shrank away from her, and wondered if one day she could be as self-assured as this lone stranger. They had been abrasive but also impressive, aspects that Ibis wished she could cultivate within herself -- but she was a mere girl, and a foolish one at that. Perhaps one day she would have the confidence to lead without a counsel of her peers; that was the dream.

Without a word she withdrew, seeking out a route home.
Messages In This Thread
I know what I like and you're the only one of you - by Wylla - December 05, 2019, 09:29 PM
RE: I know what I like and you're the only one of you - by Ibis (Ghost) - January 04, 2020, 07:28 PM