Sun Mote Copse mandatory hugs every time you walk through the door.
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
Fig had collected only two blooms by the time he was interrupted by an approaching stranger. He was working very slowly, making sure to only take the best ones for Towhee. He didn't think she would notice, but that didn't particularly matter. His mother deserved only the best flowers, so she would get only the best ones whether she recognized the work her son had put into it or not.

Which is to say, his mouth wasn't too full of plants that he couldn't mumble a perfectly discernable "Hi," when he did come to realize he'd been joined by another. Though they weren't particularly close, Figment did recognize the other boy by sight well enough. This was Nellie's brother, Bronco. And, Fig supposed in an awkward, uncertain way, his brother now too.

Fig moved to a spot a couple of paces away where the wildflowers thinned enough to leave a large enough patch of clear, green grass that he felt comfortable setting his stock down. He glanced around, making a mental note of where they were to ensure he wouldn't lose track of them amongst the others, his ears as Bronco spoke. He paused as he dropped them, thoughtful. He recognized the start of this conversation. It was one of the unhappy ones.

Fortunately, Figment is probably the most level-headed, thoughtful and poised characters I've ever played thanks to his BTS tutelage with Rannoch. So, he lifted his head and gave his step brother a soft, knowing frown. Under other circumstances, he might've felt awkward and uncomfortable at this, their first one on one interaction. But the circumstances gave him perspective and helped him get beyond his own discomfort. That was the magic of honest concern for lives other than your own.

"Well enough," he said, his brilliant green eyes settled on Bronco, "I didn't know them that well, but... they were good." It was the best he could come up with for them, but it felt as though it fit very well. "I'm sorry for your loss," he continued after a beat, "Are you doing alright?"
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.
Fenn is welcome at all times and will in fact make me sad if she doesn't show up.
Messages In This Thread
RE: mandatory hugs every time you walk through the door. - by Figment - March 25, 2020, 06:29 PM