Wapun Meadow I of the storm
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
What was it about Clay saying his name that suddenly sent him soaring high? Breath catching in his throat he took a moment to sweet his eyes down Clay's form truly taking him in. Always good at paying attention to details he wasn't dumb to the shape his old friend was in and his eyes dimmed mouth falling open to question if he had actually escaped and gotten himself safe. Then the boy turned away and Valour felt the new but familiar sensation of a stabbing in his chest as words were hissed about his presence. "What....why? Clay I just took a run" he asked with a confused  and suddenly worried shake of his voice as Clay began to circle him, acting almost.... suspicious. He swallowed down a sudden lump in his throat and took another hesitant step toward him, trying a smile and a wag of his tail and trying not to stare at each and every mark his eyes saw upon an otherwise beautiful form. Then came something that took a moment to register, eyes going wide and slowly rising to peer into Clay's seeing how serious the boy was. 

Physically, he thought he actually felt his heart tear. He blinked and put his paw down shifting back, silently battling with the sudden overwhelming hurt he felt. He wasn't injured, he wasn't in a fight but he felt somehow worse "That's good to know. I'll remember that" he tried to spit out venomously but it was all wrong, choked off and rough. His eyes stung again and he blinked rapidly, looking away so Clay wouldn't see it. He cleared his throat and stood straighter, trying to make himself go cold again by faking indifference. "Hela killed Vengeance. We're leading together now" he let the news fall from his mouth numbly, not at all how he wished he could have said it. He wanted to tell Clay how his friendship had made him want to take Vengeance down from the start. How it was Clay who taught him what it was to be someone who protected and had friends instead of a monster. "It was fake then? Your friendship?" he blurted his ears flattening to his skull as he stared at his paws "I spoke up for you...I protected you. That's all you wanted? A shield?" he despised the way his voice shook and cracked, how his chest was tight and his heart thumped brutally and his stomach had a sick sharp feeling. Is what Memory had meant when he said he felt heartbreak?
3/10 mastery
Messages In This Thread
I of the storm - by Valour - March 31, 2020, 03:57 PM
RE: I of the storm - by Clay - March 31, 2020, 05:33 PM
RE: I of the storm - by Valour - March 31, 2020, 08:53 PM
RE: I of the storm - by Clay - April 01, 2020, 01:24 PM
RE: I of the storm - by Valour - April 02, 2020, 01:36 PM
RE: I of the storm - by Clay - April 02, 2020, 06:18 PM
RE: I of the storm - by Valour - April 04, 2020, 02:37 PM
RE: I of the storm - by Clay - April 07, 2020, 11:12 PM
RE: I of the storm - by Valour - April 08, 2020, 09:56 AM
RE: I of the storm - by Clay - April 09, 2020, 04:11 PM