Firefly Glen the old haunt
201 Posts
Ooc —
That they might not like her never occurred to her. But Osiris faith was enough for her to think he was right and not worry over it; he knew his own parents best, just as she knew hers. As far as bravery went, Leta smiled as he expressed he was happy he came out... she was, too, for much the same reason. It was a good stroke of luck for her, she felt. I think the same! she answered, ever enthusiastic that they had something else to agree upon. But... it took me only up until now, really, to even leave Easthollow at all. I... I went out once, with my sister, and that was okay... but that was it. I just... my mom told me a story, about when I was little. I don't remember it happening to me at all. I was attacked too, once, when I was very little. And uhm... even though I don't remember it... now and then... I just get very afraid, she does not know why she feels so free to tell him this all. Maybe because he had underwent something similar, but he remembered it. For a while I just... I couldn't really do anything. Leta had let her fear cripple her for too long; she realized that when Newt had left. She had missed so much. 

Still she blamed herself. Wasted time. Time she could have spent doing something, like... like making Newt happy enough to stay. Like seeing what was even going on around her. 

Leta couldn't even pinpoint what made things different now. She still felt a strange residual heaviness that she could not really escape, but it was not an unbearable weight anymore... and as she looked to Osiris, she felt the burden lessen some to think he understood. Leta had felt so alone; her brothers had not understood her, and the one she thought might had left them and had more or less confirmed she was just... not normal. Weird. 

She had accepted that up until now, because Osiris... he wasn't weird. And while she was not one hundred percent accepting of her own self, and her own circumstances, she realized that she was at the very least not alone. I do want that, she murmurs, voice faint. Leta might not be as strong or as stalwart as her father, or as swift and as reactive as her mother... but she could be brave like them. Leta so desperately wanted to. Whoever hurt you... and me... we can't let that happen to our families too, her chartreuse gaze looked up to Osiris. 

Helpless was how she had felt for so very long. And with all the other things weighing on her, she knew that this was one thing she could work at stripping away. 

When they talked of stars again, Leta smiled. Well, we make them yours, she said with a wave of her tail. Leta turned around so she sat beside him, and looked up at the sky with searching eyes for a moment. They landed on her fathers constellation, before drifting back to the earthbound stars. Fireflies, actually. Leta smiled a little, my dad... he calls me his firefly, she thought aloud fondly. She could see why, now; they looked so much like the stars she so adored. Leta gestured up to the sky, trying to point out the shape of where her father was placed. That's him up there, do you see the shape that kind of looks like a bear? Those stars that kinda... come together? She looked to him to see if he saw it, and smiled. A lot of people are scared of him. My brother left because he thought he was gonna get exiled by him, she shook her head, but my dad, he's a really fair guy. You'd only get exiled from the pack if you deserved it, her bias was clearly with her father there, and she understood that too. Rules, to Leta, ought to be followed. 

But then Osiris spoke of his grandfather, Charon. Oh, wow! That is so awesome. They're... they're like stars, how they twinkle... she wondered if they had shapes too, she would have to watch. But after a minute, Leta spoke again: ...I never got to meet my grandparents... she suddenly realized. Nor had she heard very many stories about them, as she thought about it. She would have to ask. Looking to Osiris now, she asked, what is he like?
Messages In This Thread
the old haunt - by Osiris’s Ghost - May 14, 2020, 01:11 PM
RE: the old haunt - by Leta - May 15, 2020, 01:15 PM
RE: the old haunt - by Osiris’s Ghost - May 18, 2020, 08:26 AM
RE: the old haunt - by Leta - May 18, 2020, 12:22 PM
RE: the old haunt - by Osiris’s Ghost - May 18, 2020, 12:58 PM
RE: the old haunt - by Leta - May 18, 2020, 01:13 PM
RE: the old haunt - by Osiris’s Ghost - May 18, 2020, 01:34 PM
RE: the old haunt - by Leta - May 18, 2020, 01:48 PM
RE: the old haunt - by Osiris’s Ghost - May 18, 2020, 02:25 PM
RE: the old haunt - by Leta - May 18, 2020, 03:14 PM
RE: the old haunt - by Osiris’s Ghost - May 19, 2020, 01:46 PM