Stone Circle And I wonder
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
This will probably be my only post! <3

Nanook watched her sister and her children with open curiosity. Each little one responded a little different than the next, but wholly in conformity to the personalities she had already seen in them. Taktuq's voracity, for starters. Ikiaq's fussiness. She supposed she understood. They had no real way of understanding the change she had forced on them, or that this change was good (and would be regular, she decided).

"They are silly, aren't they?" she said through a smile, "That is Ikiaq," she said, pointing now to the child her sister turned her focus, before she shifted, and nodded to each one in turn. "Taktuq, Kallik, Selamuit." In the quiet, with her sister, and the children between them, all was perfect... and yet, the most troubling weight settled over her heart.

"Valette," she said, and her eyes lingered from Selamuit, to Kallik, to greedy little Taktuq, and Ikiaq. "They are my children, but as they are mine, may they be yours," she paused -- with words unspoken, and words unknown. None seemed fitting, and all felt inappropriate for the happy time they were in together here. If not for the weight still hanging in her chest, she would have said nothing more -- but Nanook needed to hear her sister's word. "Protect them, when I cannot. Promise me."
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
And I wonder - by RIP Valette - May 23, 2020, 09:53 AM
RE: And I wonder - by Selamuit - May 23, 2020, 01:01 PM
RE: And I wonder - by Kallik - May 23, 2020, 11:57 PM
RE: And I wonder - by Ikiaq - May 24, 2020, 11:39 AM
RE: And I wonder - by Taktuq - June 02, 2020, 01:59 PM
RE: And I wonder - by RIP Valette - June 07, 2020, 02:36 PM
RE: And I wonder - by Nanook - June 11, 2020, 01:03 PM