Totoka River It’s Not Much, But It’s Honest Work
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

It certainly was not Eleuthera’s most graceful moment. The man became aware of her just a moment too late to do anything about it — Eleuthera let out a small, anticipatory yip as the collision happened in slow motion. First her nose, then her face, then the rest of her; all toppling forward in a tangle of limbs. At this very moment, Eleuthera’s mind could only think one thing:

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

Interestingly, there was little damage done. The small, willowy woman bounced off the man’s massive figure relatively harmlessly, throwing her into the shallow waters below in a large and indelicate splash. The coldness of the water was the next big shock, then determining which way was up came next. Once Eleuthera ceased her flailing, got her legs underneath her and lifted herself up out of the water, she was beyond embarrassed and really just wanted to leave the entire scenario completely.

Water dripped in rivulets from her sodden, ashen pelt. She lifted a paw to wipe water away from her mouth, and to touch tenderly at her nose, which was unceremoniously smooshed upon impact.
“I’m so sorry, you were standing so still…” she admitted, her voice small and shaky and seeking the retribution that was owed to her. Eleuthera’s brow pinched in concern.

“…but I guess that’s part of fishing, right?” There was a ghost of a laugh on her tongue at the realization, but it quickly evaded her once she got a better look at the wolf who’s lunch she ruined. He was big, bigger than any wolf she had ever seen before. Suddenly Eleuthera felt puny, and she shrunk into herself further. She opened her eyes and cut him a glance with suddenly, steely determination.

“My god, this is a disaster. I’ll just be going now.” She nodded to him, bidding him adieu. The lilac woman pulled herself onto the shore from the river’s edge, shook her pelt, and regarded the monolith one last time. “It was very nice to meet you,” she smiled devilishly despite herself. “and again, sorry about your dinner.”
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands

Messages In This Thread
RE: It’s Not Much, But It’s Honest Work - by Eleuthera - June 30, 2020, 10:20 PM