Blackbeak Bluff i spoke to god
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
All Welcome 
✹☾❂

Eleuthera called the willows of her childhood home, but she found herself often pulled towards the ocean. She had never thought of herself as a sea wolf, but there was something about how it was… ever-changing. It was the end of the earth, but it wasn’t an ending — no, it felt like something greater than everything she had ever come to know dry land to be. Eleuthera found that she could sit upon the ocean’s edge for hours, staring out at the horizon, and she would never tire of it. 

So this particular evening, when the day grew late and the sun sat heavy in the sky, Eleuthera yipped excitedly — to herself, of course — and scurried off towards the coast. It was no small distance, but her strong, toned body covered the miles from here to there quite effortlessly. The woman, running upon the air, knew she was getting close when she felt the texture of the earth change beneath her paws — from solid, to more permeable and sandy, from stone that was made of rock to stone that was made of sand. 

Then the roar of the ocean greeted her fine, feathered ears, which rose eagerly to meet it — only to swivel back and press firmly into the edges of her crown in a silent, steely-eyed sense of determination. She knew this was not the beach, but she had not desired an afternoon and evening at the beach. No, the woman was much more drawn to the chaos and uninhabited power of the bluffs, which were beaten endlessly, futilely, by forces stronger than she had ever known. Earthforms that had not been gently shaped by time, but created through cracked and calving into the ocean. Perhaps this was a great manifestation of the gods’ might; the many gods that her mothers had prayed to? Perhaps now she might finally understand — 

Eleuthera burst onto the scene and scurried close to the harsh, sheer edge of the peak, drawing in the heavy brine of the air and holding it close within her.

I left it aw, but seeking @hua, if/when you have the time!
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands

Messages In This Thread
i spoke to god - by Eleuthera - July 08, 2020, 11:18 PM
RE: i spoke to god - by Huā - July 18, 2020, 02:26 AM
RE: i spoke to god - by Eleuthera - July 22, 2020, 07:27 PM
RE: i spoke to god - by Huā - August 01, 2020, 04:08 AM
RE: i spoke to god - by Eleuthera - August 02, 2020, 02:16 PM
RE: i spoke to god - by Huā - August 27, 2020, 02:43 AM