Lone Star Mountain Talk to me, just one last time
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
There was a moment that passed where everything felt good. That raw beauty in her, that smile, it made him feel good and like he might be doing something right for a change. For a moment, he wondered why it was always women he ended up befriending in this way. It was always women who he could talk to, share things with, be affectionate toward. It didn't really make sense to him why this was a female-pull and why he hadn't been able to have similar interactions with people like Dante or Spook. Well, maybe Spook made sense.
Then she told him if he died, she'd kill him, and he laughed, chuckling and nodding his head as he did so. There was true mirth in his eyes. He knew what she meant. He didn't bother to reassure her that he wouldn't die. It seemed unlikely, given what he had been through, that one winter was going to be the thing that killed him. Still, he also had respect for the elements and nature, and he knew that not having a pack made his survival a gamble at best.
Luna rolled to her side, and for a second, Taikon's eyes met hers. They were luminous. Like a rare, mysterious magic hidden away in some ancient forest, her gaze was swimming with old, raw, frightening splendor. He glanced away at her chest instead, respectfully. He half-shook his head, unable to do so fully because his face was against the ground. No, it isn't, he admitted, on either count.
He knew that he had some options. He knew being alone wasn't what he wanted. He also was fairly certain that his options were probably also not what he wanted. Seelie Court. They are over in the Hush Willows on the other side of this mountain. They offered me a place there, but I turned it down. I just had this feeling I wouldn't fit in right there, he said, describing it with as little context as possible. The whole thing had seemed strange to him.
Being alone is fine for now. I'll figure something out, he said, smiling thin and unconvincingly. He knew that finding a pack that suited him before winter was unlikely. He was in no hurry to join some random group of wolves when he didn't really trust anyone. But he thought of Takiyok. He wondered how she was doing.
relatively thin from illness (Apr 13, 2020)
Messages In This Thread
Talk to me, just one last time - by Lunaria - September 03, 2020, 04:47 PM
RE: Talk to me, just one last time - by Taikon - September 03, 2020, 10:56 PM
RE: Talk to me, just one last time - by Lunaria - September 04, 2020, 11:34 AM
RE: Talk to me, just one last time - by Taikon - September 04, 2020, 07:18 PM
RE: Talk to me, just one last time - by Lunaria - September 13, 2020, 09:40 PM
RE: Talk to me, just one last time - by Taikon - September 15, 2020, 11:03 PM
RE: Talk to me, just one last time - by Lunaria - October 01, 2020, 09:44 AM
RE: Talk to me, just one last time - by Taikon - October 02, 2020, 11:28 PM
RE: Talk to me, just one last time - by Lunaria - October 14, 2020, 10:15 PM
RE: Talk to me, just one last time - by Taikon - October 17, 2020, 02:04 AM
RE: Talk to me, just one last time - by Lunaria - November 10, 2020, 11:21 PM