Stone Circle I was weak, I was broken, I was tossed out in the ocean
patron saint
are we all lost like you?
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Assuming he'd have heard about Ursus through Greyback and West after the fight (if not, I can fix this!)

Merrit lowered himself onto his belly, to allow his mother to reach his wounds without any hassle, or straining herself. He noticed the surprise in her voice but made no comment. He was well aware of who he had been before and Merrit chose to take this surprise as a good thing, despite the guilt that burned along his cheeks. A sign that maybe, he truly was doing things differently this time. Being more like the man he wanted to be, while still ever aware of his demons that still crawled through the ditches beside him.

He thought on her question. What happened? Well, there was much - and while he knew she asked about his wounds, he thought further, back to Moonspear, and Hydra, to blackhead, and Theseus; to Clary, and her family; to why he had returned. He thought to the scent that Ursus had carried. The reason he sought her now.

"Ursus," he said, as mother worked his wounds, and he wondered how much Greyback or West might have told her already, "they attacked a stranger near our borders," he kept the part about Arlette out of the picture; she had left on her own volition, in secrecy... and he did not know if this was something she wanted their mother to know, "and we fought them off." He paused. "Mother," his demeanour shifted, and he looked up to Valette through a taut and steady stare, "do you know who those wolves are?"
with quiet words I'll lead you in
Messages In This Thread
RE: I was weak, I was broken, I was tossed out in the ocean - by Merrit - November 03, 2020, 10:56 PM