Mount Apikuni I went through hell to get to high water
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Takiyok was pissed. She was more angry with him than he had even seen her be angry at anyone, except for perhaps Mahler. It was easier to watch the distanced anger that she had been feeling since leaving Sagtannet. Once it was redirected onto him for bringing Zephyr into their care, she was quick to distance him what felt like completely. Gone were their late evening conversations. Gone was her tender touch. He already missed the way she had tenderly groomed his fur just days earlier — it was a touch she seemed to have given with the purpose of taking it away when he displeased her. She was an empress among women, and he knew that him making decisions without consulting her was very much the reason for this anger, but all he could do was sulk.
At the same time, having Zephyr around and caring for her was something of a treat. He knew he was being stupid for letting someone he barely knew tug at his emotions in this way, but it was just too easy. She needed help, and that was all he needed to know. He was convinced she was not there to spy on them. Unless they had found someone who was the greatest actress ever and had also thrown herself head first into a rock and at a mountain lion, Taikon was pretty sure she wasn't inventing her story.
So when Takiyok left to go hunting on her own, he understood well that she needed space. He used it as an opportunity to get some sleep. When he lay down, Zephyr was nearby, safe.

Taikon woke to the scent of blood.
Wolf blood. Takiyok's blood.
That was all the information he needed before he startled onto his feet, flying toward the smell. His eyes were wild with alarm. His heart began to race. He panted as he moved, but it didn't take long to find them.
Zephyr was dragging her by the scruff, struggling. Taikon launched toward them, panic setting in. What the fuck did you do?! He demanded, but didn't really listen to the answer as he dipped his head toward her. She was out cold. He was no medic. Neither was Zephyr. What the fuck were they going to do? Tears started to come as he looked at his friend. The friend he was worried had been doomed ever since they had forged a friendship. The friend who wanted to have more children. The friend who he loved, and it didn't matter if she wanted to be angry at him forever. Oh God... He struggled to make words, inspecting the wound, but so panicked he had no idea what to do with the information.
Finally, he thought to check if her chest was moving. It was. Alive. He looked at Zephyr, eyes dilated and terrified. Now what?
relatively thin from illness (Apr 13, 2020)
Messages In This Thread
I went through hell to get to high water - by Takiyok - November 29, 2020, 08:11 PM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 29, 2020, 08:23 PM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Takiyok - November 29, 2020, 09:12 PM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 30, 2020, 01:16 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Taikon - November 30, 2020, 01:36 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 30, 2020, 01:56 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Taikon - November 30, 2020, 02:11 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 30, 2020, 02:18 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Taikon - November 30, 2020, 02:31 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 30, 2020, 02:43 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Taikon - November 30, 2020, 02:53 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 30, 2020, 02:59 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Taikon - November 30, 2020, 03:06 AM