Sunset Valley my tongue will tell the anger of my heart,
242 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
The coyotes startled when the she-dog burst from the brush with Iana on her heels, even though they had already been alerted to their presence. The one closest to them snarled defensively as it recoiled, its ears practically invisible where they had flattened to the canid's smaller skull. A high yip-ip-ip of a whine escaped the second as both bared their teeth, pressing back from the advancing wolves as their sharp features wrinkled with similar threatening displays.

When it became clear that such show would not scare off the determined pack wolves, or maybe it was the way Iana snapped at them as Imaq pushed forward a step in determination to drive them off, the canids edged back a few more paces -- proffering up a few more growls and grumbles as they relinquished their meal -- before whirling and fleeing.

Only when they had vanished from sight and it was clear that they would not return, did Imaq relax -- the tension visibly melting from her shoulders like glacial runoff as she turned to face the willowish wren with a triumphant grin.
"...and all around was the bitter arctic cold and the immense silence of the North..."
Messages In This Thread
my tongue will tell the anger of my heart, - by Imaq - May 11, 2021, 02:09 AM
RE: my tongue will tell the anger of my heart, - by Imaq - July 08, 2021, 11:31 PM