Otter Creek You would have to be half mad to dream me up
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
She listened quietly as the prince listed the other ways they could hide their scents. All were good ideas, and she made a mental note to look for these things while they traveled. She knew Aves was often lost within his own dark thoughts, grieving. She didn't mind picking up the slack; she was here to help, after all. She would give him the space he needed to process what she knew must be overwhelming emotions. If he needed more than space, then she was there to listen or comfort.

Her eyes were drawn to his chattering teeth as the cold water seeped into his fur. She moved close to offer her warmth, as minuscule as it might be now that she was soaked too. He suggested that they be sure to smell of each other, as if they slept, ate, and traveled together. The familiar fluttering expanded in her chest at the thought of sleeping next to Aves. She ignored it as best she could and smiled. Well, we will be doing those things, she softly pointed out. Maybe we should take more time to travel so that we can be sure we smell as though we live that way. The water grew colder by the minute and now she could feel it sinking into her bones. A shiver moved through her and she pressed her side against the prince's own, hoping to conserve whatever warmth they had left while they started the process of cleaning Ursus and Akashingo from their coats.
Messages In This Thread
You would have to be half mad to dream me up - by Arielle - October 16, 2021, 07:10 PM
RE: You would have to be half mad to dream me up - by Arielle - October 19, 2021, 08:18 PM