Lion Head Mesa [ap] I'd rather have the right man, than the right wedding.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Ruenna understood. Although it was perhaps one of higher respect, Germanicus's position was not unlike that of the fellahin. Germanicus was bound to service here as long as Crowfeather was the recipient of their care and resources. 

"I'm glad Crowfeather has this place to safely continue his recovery," Ruenna murmured.  Her brow drew tight in an expression that betrayed something other than gladness, despite her words. "..And he is lucky to have you." That was a more truly heartfelt sentiment. She wished that she could offer the pair a similar arrangement within the Caldera, but they had no healers or caregivers who Ruenna could trust would be as reliable and attentive as the ones who attended Crowfeather here. 

"Permanent protection?" Ruenna echoed. "From the Saints?" Were they still at large somewhere in the Sunspires? Did Germanicus truly intend to have a permanent, enduring stake in this war? Why not take Crowfeather, once he was better, and just.. go? Hadn't that been their plan before all of this went down? 

"Command of an Akashingo outpost.. is that what you really want?" Ruenna asked, dropping the volume of her voice even further. Surely Germanicus's debt repayment to Akashingo didn't require his permanent service..?

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
Messages In This Thread
RE: [afterparty] I'd rather have the right man, than the right wedding. - by Ruenna - November 14, 2021, 02:20 PM