Duskfire Glacier Ommatik
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I see. He did not.

Issorartuyok shuffled a bit, suddenly finding himself keenly aware of his own weight upon his legs. Meerkat wished for him to court her beyond the shared desire to make a family? To have a home together. The northerner was not certain that he knew what something like that would look like. All this talk of carts, horses, questions that needed to come before she could act or talk on the matter. It left him feeling as though he was not sharing the same ideal, at all.

What would that look like to you?

For the northern man, he desired a common ground and that was all. Many times, marriages in his home village were arranged matters. It was something that two parties did with care, but still managed to do with some sense of ‘business’ and directness. When he had been no more than a yearling, just starting to itch for exploration, his mother had told him she’d found him a woman who would make a lovely wife.

They’d had nothing in common, and so he had left his home village in search of something better.

Many times, women were promised as wives to men of my village without such things. I do not know what courting would look like. I do not know for how long you would like this to happen.

Issorartuyok sighed. It was a heavy sound that filled the air between them with the density of their conversation. When he drew his sights to her, he offered a smile.

If we were a man and woman of my home village, my mother would already be making you pelts and teaching you the ways of a northern wife. The man found that he missed her. He wanted his children to know their mother and father as a strong couple, a force that could not be broken. Was this an ideal that Meerkat might share? Issorartuyok did not know how to ask her. He was not sure of his words, not in this regard, and not when he felt he had misstepped so many times already.
Messages In This Thread
Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 06, 2021, 03:18 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Meerkat - December 06, 2021, 09:32 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 07, 2021, 01:24 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Meerkat - December 07, 2021, 05:24 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 08, 2021, 12:27 AM
RE: Ommatik - by Meerkat - December 08, 2021, 12:56 AM
RE: Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 08, 2021, 02:17 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Meerkat - December 08, 2021, 03:55 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 08, 2021, 05:14 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Meerkat - December 08, 2021, 06:08 PM
RE: Ommatik - by Issorartuyok - December 16, 2021, 12:40 PM