Swiftcurrent Creek Good men are not like buses. There won't be another one 'round in ten minutes.
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
Aquene offered a somber attention as she explained that an accident had resulted in her injuries. She was determined to help, if she could. “I know a few treatments my mother taught me for similar circumstances, to help with pain and mobility… if I can find the right herbs in the area I could offer to try and help.” She explained, not wanting to overstep but wanting to offer her expertise further. “I can’t promise much though, I’m from northern territories, and I don’t know if the herbs I need grow here.” She didn’t want to get hopes up despite her offer, but her offer would stand.

She nodded at the mention of how yarrow was suited to the needs. They were healing wounds then, which told her that perhaps it was Ruenna’s job to treat soldiers? Soldiers… a military outpost. It was all very intimidating, but the woman seemed to be within a position of power to invite Aquene in which made her feel safer travelling. “I’ve treated many war wounds in time as a healer… I’m sure I can help you find everything you need… and I can help with the soldier’s face. Face infections are tricky, sometimes they fight back against treatment and spread to other parts of the face.” Cellulitis could occur and be tricky, but Aquene had handled situations like this before under the guidance of her mother, and she was confident she could help now. She still was not fully aware of Ruenna’s intentions to recruit her as a healer, but she was starting to get a sneaking suspicion that the woman might want her to stick around longer than just as a guide for this one herb.

She followed along through the Canyon, both eager and nervous to discover what laid on the other end. She’d never been around a militaristic group. Her parents and birth pack had been pacifistic in nature for the most part, only fighting when they had to defend themselves and it had been mostly against predators. She had a bad feeling she was about to get a bit of a culture shock.

Sounds good! Just getting this up as a fade/reaction post – up to you if you want to do one more ^^