Redsand Canyon that took my breath away
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
Kallik was oblivious to the whole insect situation. He knew it was there and that his son had been staring at it, but he didn't pay much attention to the damselfly after his initial take on the scene. So when it flew away and Nanuq gave him a disgruntled look, his attention was already on the stranger he thought was too close to the den.

If the woman had needed his wife, then he would have kept quiet about his irritation. He was not happy to hear that she was here solely to interact with his son—his son that had no supervision when she approached. His expression remained as cold and blank as ever, though. Kallik would reach down and grasp the pup gently between his jaws if allowed, and unless Nanuq protested or tried to squirm away, he would place his firstborn back within the safety of the den. 

He sat so that he blocked the entrance. There are older pups that you can entertain, he told Katniss. Mine are young, and I don't like strangers around them. If she had been a new soldier, he would have met her overstep with teeth. But as a plebian, she was under his protection, and it wasn't his job to show her the ropes of Mereo.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
that took my breath away - by Nanuq - June 14, 2022, 09:15 PM
RE: that took my breath away - by Katniss - June 19, 2022, 06:09 AM
RE: that took my breath away - by Kallik - June 19, 2022, 02:44 PM
RE: that took my breath away - by Nanuq - June 21, 2022, 11:02 PM
RE: that took my breath away - by Katniss - June 22, 2022, 06:14 AM
RE: that took my breath away - by Kallik - June 22, 2022, 12:08 PM
RE: that took my breath away - by Nanuq - June 24, 2022, 12:34 PM
RE: that took my breath away - by Katniss - June 24, 2022, 05:28 PM
RE: that took my breath away - by Aquene - June 30, 2022, 05:37 PM