Two Rivers Isle A perfect halo of gold hair and lightning
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Somehow she always knew what to say, something he was a bit jealous of, if he admitted it to himself. The best words are always sweetest when unplanned. Well, he was glad of that because he had forgotten all the things he had wanted to say to her, so would have to start over from scratch, on the fly.

She stared up at him with a look of such love and expectation that he nearly turned and fled. But he could not do that to her. He screwed up his courage and stilled himself and looked inward, for all the things that he had ever wanted to tell her. And he spoke thus:

Adylaide, I have watched you grow up and become a beautiful young woman. Every time your parents tried to stick you with some noble, something inside of me screamed, but I always pushed that down and ignored it, for you were not... meant for me. At least, that is what I thought at the time. But, you see, I was wrong. And I have never been so glad to be wrong in my life, for you have made me... so happy. He voice cracked as he choked up and he took a moment to gather himself, clearing his throat.

I... I vow to stay by your side, no matter what. No matter where the wind takes us or what our lives become, I vow to be your husband and to do all that that entails. I vow to hunt for you and fight for you, to care for you in sickness, to... He struggled to find words here, but barreled on as quickly as he could. ... To love you for all of my days. Trying to find an official way to end his vows, he stole the words from home, from the officiant of the weddings there: So may it be.

There. Already he wanted to add a hundred more promises, but he made himself stop or they'd be there forever. And he longed to hear what she might say to all this.

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

Messages In This Thread
A perfect halo of gold hair and lightning - by Ulrich - January 04, 2023, 07:51 PM
RE: A perfect halo of gold hair and lightning - by Ulrich - January 04, 2023, 08:08 PM
RE: A perfect halo of gold hair and lightning - by Ulrich - January 04, 2023, 08:33 PM
RE: A perfect halo of gold hair and lightning - by Ulrich - January 04, 2023, 08:51 PM
RE: A perfect halo of gold hair and lightning - by Ulrich - January 04, 2023, 09:25 PM
RE: A perfect halo of gold hair and lightning - by Ulrich - January 04, 2023, 09:39 PM