Two Rivers Isle You think you know my heart
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
*cracks knuckles* future apologies if this turns into a monologue! (also here is a fun source of what the dance actually is supposed to look like with people! you can kinda(?) follow along with what I'm writing as the steps these ladies go through)

she was ready, and now seemingly invited her to call her a shorter version of her name. and while this may not seem like much to any onlooker, it could have meant the world to iseul. honorifics were important when addressing others (though to avoid confusion, iseul has had to force herself to not add them to the names she's heard), especially if they were older or held a certain title of power. the fact that she's being invited to drop such formalties invites a feeling of closeness to ady that iseul was not expecting. and the girl could not be more pleased about it.

so, upon her request, iseul starts the dance. 

she would face out to the side, allowing her neck and back to flow together upward and downward as if it were following an ocean wave. while the dance certainly looked prettier and more hypnotic with the flowers, iseul would have to make do. now comes the stepping part, where iseul crosses her front legs and hins legs over one another as she steps towards the side, still allowing her body to flow as the fan would.

after a few difficult paces across, she comes to make a pirouette while face outward. her body still moves rhythmically as she steps over her paws. this part of the dance was when the dancers would have their tails on the inside of the circle together as they'd spin, creating this wonderous illusion of flowers (that again, poor ady would not be able to see).

iseul comes back to face ady after her pirouette and moves with the breeze that blows through the cold air. now would come something a little more unusual. pointing her head up, as if she was trying to bend her body into a u-shape, iseul makes 2 tight pirouettes and comes to settle with her chest and front legs on the ground while her hindlegs remain standing, as if she were in the play position.

not once does her body remain still, as she continues to rise and fall with the silent ryhthym she has in her head. soon her head begins to sway one way to another like a flickering flame slowed down. this was a point where the lead dancer would take over in a more obvious way, though iseul was not quite sure how to convey that. but maybe this would be a good stopping point, as the dance was quite long and tedious. ady would only need to know the most basic of steps.

the girl comes to stand now, looking towards ady to gauge her reaction. "it is long, no need for all of it." besides, iseul's memory was a liiiiiittle bit fuzzy about the rest of the dance itself. "what think?"
Iseul is still learning English and will frequently pause to find the right word. This often occurs with an audible 'uh' or 'ah' sound, as well as speaking a bit slower to try and avoid mistakes. Your character is welcome to notice this!
Messages In This Thread
You think you know my heart - by Adylaide - January 06, 2023, 11:02 AM
RE: You think you know my heart - by Iseul - January 06, 2023, 01:35 PM
RE: You think you know my heart - by Adylaide - January 06, 2023, 07:30 PM
RE: You think you know my heart - by Iseul - January 06, 2023, 09:53 PM
RE: You think you know my heart - by Adylaide - January 07, 2023, 05:42 PM
RE: You think you know my heart - by Iseul - January 09, 2023, 12:16 AM
RE: You think you know my heart - by Adylaide - January 09, 2023, 07:22 AM
RE: You think you know my heart - by Iseul - January 09, 2023, 08:24 PM
RE: You think you know my heart - by Adylaide - January 10, 2023, 08:55 AM
RE: You think you know my heart - by Iseul - January 10, 2023, 07:01 PM
RE: You think you know my heart - by Adylaide - January 10, 2023, 07:36 PM