Moonsong Glacier or at the altar, standing thin as the air
Moonglow
Gamma
w a y w a r d s o n
268 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
He'd gotten used to traveling with Dutch, and the past several weeks without him had been strange. Valiant hadn't realized just how lonesome he'd felt until he had a wolf beside him once more — and @Raindrop was easy company on the trip, buoying his spirit further as they drew near to the glacier.

"The leader here's called @Ariadne," he explained as they crossed the border into the territory. "And her momma's in charge of the pack next door, and her sister the one next to that. And her brother in law over on the coast — that sister died this year. They don't say her name."

Grim words, but he wanted Raindrop prepared to face the news; Ariadne seemed likely to bring up anything that crossed her mind. It was endearing to the isbjørn, but he didn't want such things to take his new friend by surprise.

He gripped the care package between this teeth. Presumably he'd set it down to speak or something. Maybe he spoke around it? I sorta forgot about this thing but he has it, alright? And he carried it up the mountainside, his pace quickening as he caught the young leader's scent. His tail whisked when he found her.

"Sorry I'm late," he said in greeting, setting the bundle down in front of her. "Your momma gave me that for you — and this here's Raindrop. I asked her along for the hunt."

Please let me know if I should change anything about the post! :)
live and die on this day,
live and die on this day
Messages In This Thread
or at the altar, standing thin as the air - by Valiant - December 22, 2023, 03:58 PM
RE: or at the altar, standing thin as the air - by Raindrop - December 22, 2023, 04:53 PM
RE: or at the altar, standing thin as the air - by Ariadne - December 23, 2023, 09:26 AM
RE: or at the altar, standing thin as the air - by Valiant - December 23, 2023, 12:37 PM
RE: or at the altar, standing thin as the air - by Raindrop - December 23, 2023, 01:27 PM
RE: or at the altar, standing thin as the air - by Ariadne - December 24, 2023, 03:32 PM
RE: or at the altar, standing thin as the air - by Valiant - December 24, 2023, 09:02 PM
RE: or at the altar, standing thin as the air - by Ariadne - January 03, 2024, 12:13 PM
RE: or at the altar, standing thin as the air - by Valiant - January 03, 2024, 07:46 PM
RE: or at the altar, standing thin as the air - by Ariadne - January 04, 2024, 06:07 PM