Ouroboros Spine [m] i’m in the trees, i’m in the breeze, my footsteps on the ground
Moonglow
Gamma
w a y w a r d s o n
274 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
The isbjørn dipped his head in understanding. He knew how much she thought, even if he couldn't pretend to know just what went on in that head of hers.

But he thought he might know just a little, today.

He lowered himself to his belly, so that he would not be tempted to lean closer.

"I been thinkin' a whole lot, too," he replied, gravel apparent in his tone despite his best efforts to swallow it down. "Long before this day. But now we gotta make decisions, if it ain't too forward to say. And I can't speak on what would be best. I'd trust you, if you wanna tell me goin' out is what's right. I trust you a whole lot."

His spine felt tight. He tried to relax, but there was still some strain in his voice when he next spoke. Not because of her season, but because these were words that frightened him still, despite all his trust.

"I can't tell you what's best," he went on, "But if you wanna know what I think — and I think that you do, so I won't wait for you to ask. I think we'd do real good together, Vai. And I think you're scared not 'cause of what we'd be like together, but because you're afraid it's gonna end. I think that 'cause I'm scared for the same reasons."

His voice was hoarse and strained as he spoke past the lump on his throat.

"But I trust you," he said. "And you can trust me. So whatever you're thinkin' — if you wanna go out or if you wanna stay in, or if you want me — " His voice cracked on the word. It was painful to suggest such a thing. "I'm sayin' that I trust you. And we'll still end up wherever we ought to, whatever that might look like. I'll be here and you'll be here. But Vairë — " His mouth did not want to shape these words. As long as he didn't speak them, she could not refute them. Once they were in the open, she was free to wield them against him, these knives that he'd sharpened himself.

But he said it.

"I do want you," he said. "I wanna have it all with you."

He gazed up at her, rose gold eyes intent and unflinching.
live and die on this day,
live and die on this day