Ouroboros Spine i am not standing still, i am lying in wait
Moonglow
Beta*
309 Posts
Ooc — Box
Birth 
Apologies for how short this is, I’m still working to get my muse back <3

In the gentle twilight, Vairë labored.

Tucked away in an idyllic little hidey-hole beneath a long-fallen tree in the Repose, she felt the first touch, water down her thighs, and she began to move. She weaved through the boughs and grasses, let them touch her sides, drift over her shoulders. After a while of this, she stopped at the edge of the repose, tilting her nose to the sky.

With a yell, she called for @Kukutux .

Then, she was moving, slow and cramped, back to the den in the earth. The next hours were pain and toil, push and push and hope.

Until one joined her in the world. A squalling, cream colored creature with fire for ears. @Natahala , though she would not carry this name yet. Vairë stubbornly held her tongue with naming, washing the child until her downy fur was soft and dry. By then, the cycle began anew.

@Lariat was next. Small and brown and..she swept her tongue across her back just the same.

The last was the hardest. Vairë pressed, and pressed, and pressed, until finally the last child joined them in breath. A screaming, large daughter, who quieted almost immediately when she got to washing her.

Help me.. She cleared her throat.

Help me give them their spirit names, anaa. I was so late last time.This time she would be early, she would hold their names under her tongue to speak them to their little ears when they opened.

She blinked a few dark spots out of her vision, army crawling to the front of the den. There, she let her voice rise again, this time for @Valiant .

Messages In This Thread
i am not standing still, i am lying in wait - by Vairë - April 12, 2024, 06:34 PM