Moonspear Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Jace walked along the Moonspear leaving his mark where it was needed, but mostly he just slunk through the shadows like a wraith. He didn't want to talk to anyone, or really see anyone. NOt because he was feeling down or anything. He just wasn't reallyl in the mood to speak. He hadn't spoken to anyone in months actually. Not Amekaze, he had no idea where his sister was. He hadn't even met the new members yet. He smelled them, tried to learn their names from the shadows.

Today he walked among the forest floor, ears perked forwards and eyes bright. His tail behind him happily ever so often wagging it.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Hi! \o Hope you don't mind me.

She spent much of the day hunting with Floki in the foothills surrounding Moonspear. They finally called it quits in the late afternoon. He went off to catch a few z's and Wildfire gave his cheek a sloppy kiss. She then flounced into the forest, her heart truly light as she deposited a dead gopher in a stump. She would remember the joy and accomplishment of this day for a long time to come.

After making her deposit, the youth pondered what to do next. She considered joining Floki but she didn't actually feel tired. Before Wildfire could arrive at a decision, she heard footfalls. She swiveled, amber eyes clapping on a vaguely familiar figure. She didn't know his name but she recognized him from the bear encounter. Her eyes traced over his long legs and myriad scars before she remembered herself and ducked head and tail.

"Hello," she said warmly. "I'm Wildfire." She paused, leaving him to fill in the blank with his own introduction.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
HI! Not at all.
Jace turned at the quiet wolfess and his eyes grew wide. For a moment he felt his hackles bristle as he caught sight of her fur and size, immediately assuming it was Fox. He settled himself though as he realized it wasn't her, despite the similarities and it was proven when she spoke her name. She was a tiny thing, though honestly a lot of wolves were next to the black brute. He didn't say anything at first, just studied her as she had studied him.  He moved closer, blue eyes glinting strangely. He tilted his head and gave her a half a smile, his chipped tooth showing up in the light.

Hello Wildfire. I'm Jace. He grew quiet and shifted foot to foot unsure what to say or do. He wasn't one for social interactions to often. Even as adulthood had gained it's hold on him, he still held the nature of an  awkward teenage boy. You came with the Bay pack? He assumed that was so, haven't met her before until after they were all joined together.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
If she noticed his initial reaction, she dismissed it as brief surprise. He regarded her curiously; she could feel the weight of his gaze, even though she kept her own averted. Her ears flicked when he spoke his name. It was pleasingly simple. She wondered if it was short for something longer but Wildfire didn't ask.

She did answer when he asked a direction question. "Oh, no," she answered amiably. "I came from the caldera, actually. I take it you're originally from the spire?" the youth deduced before politely adding, "I didn't interrupt you, did I?" He had been walking, so she wasn't sure if he had been on an aimless stroll or perhaps tracking or patrolling.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace still felt a ripple of unease battle with his shoulders. The she wolf looked so much like Fox it bothered him extremly highly, there were very tell tale differences, but just something about her. He shook his head and flicked an ear backward as he listened.

Jace nodded his head. Yes the spire. I was beta for a long time, until I stepped down. Jace chuckled and shifted and settled to his haunches trying to lay his fur down on his back. No you didn't interrupt me I was just walking. Feeling restless and cagey. Do you like it here so far?
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Her lips pursed thoughtfully when he declared his former rank. She wondered why he had stepped down but seeing as they were barely acquainted, Wildfire didn't ask. When he mentioned feeling restless, she motioned for him to continue walking if he liked, then fell into step with him. There was nothing like walking and talking to get to know her pack mates better.

"I do," she replied to his question, tail tip flicking. "How about you?" He was as new to the landscape as she was, even if he had made the move with familiar faces. "How does this mountain compare to your previous home?" she wondered conversationally.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace wasn't sure how he would have answered if she would have asked. Frankly, he had stepped down for a number of reasons. One because he felt inadequate, two because he had been scarce so many reasons. He began to walk and watched as she stepped into movement with him. She was so petite, like so many of the others, but she was a bit like his little imp.

Jace frowned in thought. It's much like the Sunspire, not very much difference. However it is very different from the creek which was all flat and meadow, and my former home before that of forest and coast. I like it. It's quiet, and peaceful and it already feels like home.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
He frowned at the question and Wildfire gnawed on the inside of her cheek, hoping she hadn't unintentionally tripped an emotional wire. She soon realized it was just his expression when thinking, as he spoke ponderously in the next moment. She breathed a silent sight of relief, glancing down at her paws for a moment before focusing on the path ahead of them even as her ears hung on Jace's every word.

"So you've lived in several places then?" she clarified, intrigued. "I love exploring but Moonspear is only my second home," Wildfire confessed, feeling strangely unworldly. But then she remembered that she hadn't yet been alive a year. "I have no plans to leave but..." But what if she lived a life where she moved from place to place every so often? She had never thought about it before but it begged the question, "Were your moves... voluntary?"
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace was an emotional mess he didn't deny that. Still waters run deep as they say. He was also rash and hot headed and could be cagey. However, as he grew he was finding a balance between the emotions, a range he could straddle nad hold onto.

Jace tilted his head, one ear flopping up so he could hear better. He shook his head. I've only lived counting her 4 places. My former home, I lived in the creek, and then the Sunspire and now here. Jace listened to her and smiled softly. well I suppose in a way I envy you. I wish I had been able to find just one other place to settle rather than three. 

Her next question caught him off guard and he shook his head. No they weren't. The first was, this one was, but the second from Swift current Creek, was unfortunately not voluntary. A fellow wolf and myself got on the wrong side of a she wolf and she chased us from our home. Granted we deserved it I suppose and I don't hold her any ill will anymore at least about that. He turned out to be just what everyone thought he was unfortunately. I was too blinded by loyalty and anger to see it.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
When she'd asked, the deeper implications of her question hadn't even occurred to her. When she considered involuntary reasons for leaving one's home, she thought of things like illness or destruction. It hadn't even crossed her mind that this wolf could have been exiled from his former pack. When Jace described the circumstances, Wildfire felt a stab of embarrassed guilt for prying into what was surely an awful memory. She also felt sympathy; she knew what it was like to be pushed away like that, albeit the situations had been fairly different.

"Sorry for dredging up bad memories," Wildfire murmured, truly contrite as she bowed her head. She had been so caught up in her faux pas, she hadn't even realized he'd mentioned a familiar pack name. "Did you say Swiftcurrent Creek?" she blurted as soon as the dots connected. Then Wildfire shook her head, "Oh, you don't have to answer that, sorry." She was mightily curious but she would drop it if it was a sore subject for Jace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace didn't really hide his past from anyone. And honestly it was something that didn't bother him as much anymore. he still thought that Fox had handled it badly, and that she wasn't very nice. However, he also knew that he and Ferdie had attributed to it. And Ferdie had shown his true colors later on. Jace wasn't one ot admit he was wrong too often, but in the case of Ferdie he would.

Jace smiled and shrugged, Their not so bad anymore. There was a time I was blinded by fury about them, and I suppose if given the right circumstances they could blind me again. But for now they are just a part of my past that helped to shape me. He raised an ear higher at her question and he nodded his head yes. Yes Swiftcurrent Creek
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
His response about the past and his emotions suddenly reminded her of Saena, though it was only a passing thought. He assured her he wasn't particularly bothered and confirmed his mention of the creek. Wildfire noticed the way one of his black ears pricked in interest, which she took as an invitation to ask further questions. She would be mindful, though.

"I think my mom was part of that pack, way back in the day," Wildfire explained. It occurred to her that if Jace had known Fox, he almost certainly would have noticed the family resemblance. Perhaps he simply hadn't mentioned it. "Her name is Fox. Do you know her?" She was, of course, oblivious to her dam's role in Jace's story.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace didn't know this Saena. So had the she wolf told him of her, he would have just shrugged in nonchalance. Her next words caught him off guard, and his hackles rose again. He fought to quiet the growl that almost broke through, but it sounded more like a mere rumble in his stomach, as if he were hungry.

He nodded his head. Oh yes I know Fox. She's the she wolf that chased us out. I thought you looked like her when i first saw you, but I didn't think she had children. Good for her. That was all he said on the subject going mum. He didn't really want to talk about the she wolf, didn't want to dredge that up. He had forgiven her for the most part, but hte one thing he couldn't forgive was bringing leaf here. That was something he would never, ever forgive her for.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She felt a jolt when Jace named her mother as the wolf from his story. She heard the deep rumble and when she glanced at him out of the corner of her eye, Wildfire saw the spiked fur along the dark planes of his body. She quickly dropped her gaze to her feet, wondering what to say. Here was yet another wolf who had a tumultuous history with her mother. Although Wildfire's love and admiration of her dam would never lessen, she couldn't help but wonder how many others were out there.

The silence weighed heavily between them and Wildfire was still at a loss for words. She sort of wanted to lighten the mood with a joke, yet she had a feeling Jace might not appreciate it. He seemed the surly sort. After scrambling for several beats, all she could come up with was, "Yeah, I was part of her first litter with Peregrine." It came out as a flat, low mumble.

A change of subject was in order, unless Wildfire wanted to make herself scarce. The latter would be the easier option but she still wanted to get to know Jace a bit better. "So, um... do you have any family here? Brothers or sisters? A mate?" Even as the words popped out of her mouth, Wildfire realized she might have just walked onto yet another minefield.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace hadn't meant ot upset her, and he had tried to curb his reaction. It was true he did not hold ill will towards the female as much as he had. He could talk about her now, and it was possible he would see her in the wilds and be alright. However, when it was sprung on him in such a way, it was a little discombobulating. 

Jace studied her and spoke softly. I apologize if I upset you Wildfire. I was merely surprised. I meant what i said about not holding as much ill will towards your mother. It was just surprising at first. She was young and rash, we both were so I think that garners us a little bit of forgiveness. As for your father, i don't know him. He must not have been part of the Creek while I was there.

Jace chuckled warmly and smiled slightly crookedly. I had a sister Vienna Songbird here for a time, but she left with her mate. My parents are far away from where I came from, and no love has not found me. How about you? A mate? Siblings around?
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
The instant Jace apologized, Wildfire shook her head and said quickly, "No, no, I understand. I'm sorry if I upset you." She would have insisted that it was entirely unintentional but he was an intelligent wolf; he would already know that. "I'm glad," she added softly when he said he didn't harbor as much of an ill will against Fox. "My dad wasn't part of the creek. I think my mom moved from there to the plateau to be with him, then they founded Redhawk Caldera together." Fox especially had made sure her children knew the family lore, though Wildfire was no Chronicler and some of the historic details were fuzzy.

Jace smiled, which encouraged the young adult. He spoke of a sister called Vienna Songbird. "That's a really pretty name," she commented, then let him finish before giggling a little involuntarily and shaking her head. "No mate. I'm too young." Or was she? She blinked, considering that for a moment before moving onto his second question. "My parents, brother and sister still live at the caldera. We were close but I haven't seen them since I left. I guess you could say I'm building a new family here." It was still a slightly strange thought—this wolf was more of a brother in arms than her own biological brother was these days—though by now, Wildfire had really begun to embrace her kindred here at Moonspear.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace chuckled and shrugged. I have temper wider than most body of waters. So honestly it doesn't take much to upset me. Though I am actively working on it. Don't worry about it. Jace listened, but didn't say much though it didn't speak well of fox to abandon two packs, not just one. Because Jace was fairly certain the pack of the plateau were still alive and well.

Jace nodded his head, Her name suits her, that is how my family chooses are names.....the females always have a first name and their last names are something they are like. Vienna can sing like a song bird, hence the last name. All the males go in search of their last names when they come of age. For instance mine is Du'andriss, it means soul warrior. The former alpha of the Sunspire gave it too me for personal reasons. Jace smiled at her giggle and then he frowned and looked her over. I fell in love at 1, you aren't too young, I don't think. Jace nodded his head. I was close to my family, my sister the most, but I haven't seen my parents for almost two years and my sister for almost half of one.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
His family's naming conventions intrigued her. They were similar to the Redhawks' traditions, though still quite different. Her brow furrowed curiously when he mentioned going looking for a name. She wondered what that entailed, exactly. His surname rolled off his tongue like the soft hiss of a snake. She immediately liked its exotic flavor, as well as its meaning. She wondered what it meant to be a soul warrior in particular.

Before she could ask about all of the above, Jace told her that he'd fallen in love at the ripe old age of one. She licked her lips and bobbed her head. "I guess maybe I'm not that young. I do get my adult rank in a couple of days. But I still feel young, you know? Although..." She trailed off a little bashfully, then grinned at herself. She wasn't normally shy when it came to Floki. "I guess I'm sort of involved with someone. We're just not mates... yet." She guessed it was a definite possibility, though she was in no rush. All the same, the thought put a warm stitch in her chest.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace had never heard of anyone else doing what his family did. He wasn't even sure how it had happened so long ago. His father had done it though and he had too. It had been one thing he had looked forward too as he aged. The serious task of finding his own name.

Jace immediately regretted mentioning Leaf, not because he didn't want to share, but because he missed her. He was a bit relieved she hadn't asked, though had she he would have answered. I know exactly what you mean. I am almost 3 and I still feel very young. Jace smiled good naturedly at her. Well there is no rush, and good luck. I hope the two of you work out well.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
He expressed well wishes and Wildfire received them with a smile and wave of her tail. "Thanks, Jace. I don't know if you know him," she added, "but the guy in question is Floki." She shot her scarred companion a glance to see if recognition registered. "He's part of the reason I came to live here," though he wasn't the only one. Wildfire wasn't that capricious.

Aware that she might be asking yet another sensitive question, Wildfire wondered, "You said you fell in love when you were one but you're three now and you don't have a mate." That wasn't really a question, was it? "What happened?" she asked in a soft voice, right before her left foot hooked on a root and sent her pitching forward, her shoulder taking the brunt of it as she fell to the ground.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sorry Kat my thread log isn't working.

Jace tilted his head and tried to place the name. Ah yes he was the brother to their new male leader. I don't know him personally, but I know of him. He seems to be a good boy. That was all he said on the subject, a small smile took up precedence on his face. Sometimes we follow those we care about.

Jace sighed and looked around, he settled to his haunches. Her name was Leaf and she was a little Imp. He smiled, though a soft sheen of tears brightened his eyes up a speck. She was from the creek and she came one day to our borders with your mother. And I am a warrior, that is what I do. It is always how i have been, and blood lust eats at me terrible when I am angry. I was protecting the borders. She came to the border to piss on them, it was Fox's idea she had done it before. It was a stupid war that we had, and we were all foolish to even give into it. Anyway, whilst I was trying to get around Leaf, and not hurt her, she got into my space. I pushed her trying to get her away from me, so I wouldn't hurt her. And I pushed her too hard. I think I broke something. She stayed here for a bit, Ferdie that was the leader at the time kept her and the other female, I don't know her name, for a little while. We returned them safely to the borders of the creek and that was the last time I saw her. Sometimes i wonder if she just moved on, or if I hurt her so badly she died. I don't know, not even sure if I want too. She used to tell me of fairies and stories. I actually met her when she was fighting for her life against some foxes in the woods near the creek. Because she was lost in her own dream world. That is where these scars come from. He shifted so she could see the littering of small nicks and bites that littered his sides and back.

She was as wild as she was tame. She was tiny, so very tiny. I used to be afraid to even nudge her for fear of breaking her. She brought out both the best and the worst in me. And the day she left. I died a little. He stood up and ruffled his fur, looking away with his blue eyes, ashamed that he shared so much, but also feeling a bit better having finally talked about her.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
No worries! I hope it's working now. Wanna wrap this up? :)

Their tandem walk came to an abrupt stop and Wildfire felt her heart leap into her throat. Had her question hit such a tender spot that it had caused Jace to stop in his tracks? Apologies began bubbling to her lips but before she could so much as open her mouth, he dropped to his haunches with a quiet sigh and began to spin a tale. Wildfire's lips pursed anxiously, though she followed suit, slowly sinking onto her hindquarters. Her amber eyes were riveted to a spot near his collarbone, ears quivering as he spoke.

Her mother made another cameo in this story and Wildfire's lips twitched ever so slightly. Peregrine had told his children about Fox's kamikaze habits as a yearling; it had been part of the story about how they'd met, actually. But parallels aside, Wildfire pushed away any thoughts of her parents and concentrated on Jace's description of his relationship with Leaf. The lack of closure bothered her, as it must surely bother him, and her eyes flicked upward very briefly to flash him an apologetic smile. She saw the shimmer of tears behind his eyes and dropped her own again, feeling bad for bringing all of this up in the first place.

When he shifted to showcase his scars, she glanced upward again, gaze unwavering for a moment. Leaf and her mother sounded like they'd had a lot in common back in the day. Wildfire frowned when Jace finished his story by mentioning that he'd died a little the day Leaf had left. He then stood and Wildfire could read his body language pretty well. He was shifting a bit restlessly, as if feeling strange after imparting such an emotional story, but there were also notes of relief on his dark face.

"I'm so sorry, Jace. And I'm sorry for bringing it up. But I'm glad you shared with me," the youth said a bit weakly. "Maybe I ought to leave you alone to finish your walk in peace?" she suggested lightly in the next breath, giving Jace an out in case he would rather be left alone after unloading all that.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
[quote='Wildfire' pid='159648' dateline='1453146316']
Gladly i'm sorry I suck so bad lately.

Jace spun his tale of woe and heartache, but there was joy intermitten in there. He would not change having met his little imp for anything. She had been beautiful and bold, and she had been naive and kind. He loved her, would probably go to his grave loving her, even if another woman pushed her way into his heart.

Jace gave her a crooked smile, endearing and boyish as it always was. It's okay Wildfire, perhaps it will do me some good to talk about her. I should talk about her more. You know she pulled me from the foxes the second time around, just grabbed a hold of me with her tiny teeth and tugged until I moved it. Then she yelled at me and checked on my wounds all at the same time. He chuckled softly, Oh it doesn't matter. We can continue or I can leave you here for now.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
You don't suck; don't sweat it. I think I'll fade this here! :)

But Jace seemed glad to have been given this opportunity to talk about his former flame. He didn't seem to want her to go, despite his restlessness. And Wildfire was happy to continue bending an ear, if that's what he wanted. So instead of leaving him in peace, she made a motion to encourage him to tell her more, soft smile arching her lips as they continued their walk and he regaled her with more impish tales of his long lost love.