Silvertip Mountain Finding Another Home
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Joining 

Not even a full day since she'd left the fen, Eden found herself once again a lone wanderer. The peace was sweet, but knowing that she would soon have to find another home worried her, as it was getting cold and she was in a strange territory. In all truth, since she'd come across the wilds, she'd only really explored the territory that belonged to the fen. But now she'd followed the rivers leading to the coast much farther into the wilderness than she'd ever found herself.
That's when she saw it.
A mountain, shimmering in different shades and tones, taller than she'd seen. Of course, she had to climb it. She kept her gaurd up in case she was to come across someone unexpectedly, but remained calm as to keep her mind clear. The smell of others was immediate, so she called out to make herself known. "Hello? I-I'm Eden. I'm not a threat, I was just wandering."

hopefully she went about this the right way...I wasn't quite sure if I should join IC or not but let's see where this goes!
english · french
· republic of auros ·
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
IC joining is the only way to join this pack, as far as I know :)
It'd been a charged, tempestuous few days. Sometimes it seemed like everything was perfect and back to something that was far better than what he'd come to call 'normal', and sometimes he still itched and ached for something more.

Doe had come to him, alive and healthy, and that was all he'd ever wanted except... whenever he'd pictured their reunion, she'd come to Silvertip to stay with him, and she'd need him.

He missed that about home, he supposed. He missed feeling needed.

And of Donnelaith, he was unsure. She'd told him to go, and he'd wanted to, at first, but now? Sometimes hope is too strong a god, he thought sourly. Doe had spoken pretty words about his healing, and he could hold on to that. But if he went to Donnelaith and the healer was unable to help him, he would again have none.

"Maybe it's best this way," he mumbled, ambling back toward his den near the border. The sound of a voice roused him from his thoughts, and he charged toward the sound with his tail flagging in the air. She seemed to be nearer than he thought Steady would like; most newcomers waited at the base of the mountain. Although, when he thought about it, he remembered that he hadn't.

"Who goes there?" he asked sternly, eyes raking over the lone female. Silver, with warm eyes. He couldn't be sure about their color, but he imagined that they were somewhat like his own had been, before the fire.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter

Eden took a step back at the sound of the new voice, though she quickly composed herself. She didn't want to seem afraid, however she knew how much trouble this could all turn out to be. She looked around for the source of the call, her eyes landing upon a large male not too far away. 
"My name is Eden. I've come to speak to an alpha. Is that you?" Her voice echoed sweetly through the air, just loud enough for him to hear her. 
english · french
· republic of auros ·
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
He almost laughed when she asked if he was the alpha; it was flattering to have that thought about him, though he knew she was probably only trying to be polite.

"No, not me," he confided, moving a bit closer to the woman and straining his eyes to see what they might detect of her. His nose was more helpful. It told him that she was healthy and in her prime, at the very least, and that she'd come a long way from whatever pack she'd been in before, if she'd been part of a pack at all. Grayday had to assume that she had - the woman did not seem malnourished or ill, or even too terribly lonely, so far as he could tell. A wolf didn't get to be that way without a pack, so far as he knew.

Lifting his head, he howled for @Steady, wondering what she might need him for. If she wished to join them, he doubted she would be turned down. If they'd accepted him in the midst of a famine, surely they would find no fault in inviting this shewolf into their home.

Duty thus fulfilled, he cocked his head at the stranger and resisted the urge to settle his rump on the floor. "What brings you this way, Eden? And where did you come from?"
What's Mine is Ours
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter

Standing before her, he seemed open enough. She took a deep breath followed by a few steps forward, only to be able to clearly see him. Should she tell him where she was coming from? Perhaps it would work in her favor, but she still wasn't sure she wanted to be that bold before she even knew his name.
"And you are?" she said, her voice lilting into a light snort in the end. "I'm coming from another pack, south from here. Broken Antler Fen." She was sure he could still pick up the lingering scents that wafted along with her, but then again, she had been on her way for quite some time now.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Sorry for the wait!

Steady had heard the first howl, though it was not from anyone he recognized. He was on the other side of the territory, and knew it would take a little time to get there, and while he trotted at a brisk pace, he did not run. He was the only leader- again- and he could not waste energy running to a call that didn't seem urgent. Part of him felt like he was letting his family down when he couldn't be everywhere and do everything. But, he was just one wolf. 

His eyes spotted the pair at the borders. Grayday seemed to have intercepted the stranger, and for that, Steady was grateful. His perked ears picked up on the pack name as he approached, slowing to a short stop. Broken Antler Fen? he repeated for confirmation. Is everything okay there? he asked, knowing that was the last known location of Odette. He didn't realize this female had left the pack. Instead, he assumed she had been sent here from Sebastian.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter

Eden was a bit less startled by this voice, knowing that it would be coming from the alpha; who she was here for to begin with. He had asked about the fen, and while she had only been a member for a short amount of time, she knew enough to answer his question. "It's calm enough. Things seem to be picking up." She almost flashed a smile before realizing that this was business. "But I assume you know that's not why I'm here. I left the fen, and I'm here to find another pack." Though she shook inside, she tried to keep a confident and composed stature. 

english · french
· republic of auros ·
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday was a bit irriated by her question - perhaps more by the tone it was spoken in than the words themselves. As the resident wolf, he felt he had more of a right to question the stranger and less of a reason to be forthcoming on such details as names. She still hadn't answered all of his questions, after all.

But the fairer part of him - the reasonable part, the part more willing to make allowances - gently pointed out that it had been rather rude of him not to offer his name in turn, especially when it was not only a lady he entertained, but a seemingly kind one, at that. He felt a little rebuffed by her tone, but beside that, found little fault in her.

He'd been about to introduce himself when Steady arrived, and although he wouldn't mind getting to know Eden a little better, he was also very relieved that it was no longer up to him to decide whether or not she had reason and right to be so close to their territory. It seemed like Steady had his own question for her, at any rate, and Day was content to let the two talk without him. Socializing had been like that, lately. He would stick around, but only to support the alpha; if Steady needed anything, Day wasn't in the middle of anything pressing.
What's Mine is Ours
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He was listening intently, almost expecting her to say she had word from Sebastian, or maybe even Odette herself. Unfortunately, that did not seem to be the case. She confirmed that all seemed well in the Fen, but offered no words about its members. She confessed she had left, and was looking for another pack.

Steady was quiet for a moment, considering, before he spoke. Why did you leave? he asked. He considered Broken Antler Fen an ally, and if this female had left on bad terms, Steady would not risk his alliance by accepting her. It was an extremely high priority to Steady that he stay on good terms with Sebastian and his pack. It was the only line he had to Odette, and he would do all he can to ensure it remained open. 

He kept his gaze on the female, though an ear turned towards Grayday. He expected that if he had anything to say, he would say it. At least, he hoped.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter

He next asked why'd she'd left the fen, but she had no real answer. They had accepted her graciously and with almost no question, and once she had become a part of the pack officially they had nothing to offer beside true kindness and protection. So why had she left?
"It simply wasn't a permanent home for me. I had to make the decision to find something more fulfilling, where I could be a true part to a larger picture." It was a last minute decision in truth, but even Seb had told her she had the option to return should she fancy the idea. 
english · french
· republic of auros ·
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The the woman's words, and understanding frown passed over the male's face. She'd left for the same reason he'd left his own pack, apparently - no real reason at all. But Day understood that the Cat and Calf sometimes called with a wisdom not known to the wolves they watched over. What might seem like an arbitrary decision could be back by divine urging. He'd ended up in Silvertip, after all, where he was beginning to feel as though he might belong. Doe had shown up on his doorstep.

And so had Eden.

There is something to be said for providence, he thought to himself, but did not voice such opinions aloud. It would be Steady's decision whether or not Eden stayed.
What's Mine is Ours
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
His ears flicked indecisively as she replied. Maybe to anyone else, it was a simple, straight-forward reply, but not to him. Not when he knew Odette was there. At least, he hadn't heard if she had left. Why did Eden not feel fulfilled there? Did Odette feel that way? Was she happy? Did she still hate him? He assumed so, otherwise he thought she would have visited, or maybe sent word. There were days when he debated on going to Broken Antler Fen himself, just to confirm whether or not she wanted to see him, but he wasn't sure he could bare her rejection if she were to give it. 

His face contorted with his thoughts before they smoothed out, his attention returning to the female before him. Sebastian and I have a friendship, and I am dedicated to making sure that it stays that way. If you left on anything other than good terms in his eyes, I need to know, he explained. While her explanation might have been good enough coming from anywhere else, he could not jeopardize his relationship with Odette's home by allowing entry to one of their enemies. 

REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter

Eden exhaled deeply. "Seb and I have nothing negative between us. I left for purely personal reason, and he understood." She thought for a moment before quickly adding, "I joined his pack with the intention of being a healer. I would be of great benefit, if you had me."
english · french
· republic of auros ·
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
His ears flickered at the intensity of Steady's words, and Grayday wondered why it was so important they maintain good relations with Eden's old pack. He was sure he'd heard of Broken Antler Fen before, but not too sure when or where that'd been. Maybe he'd ask Chaska or Anita later on.

"I can go and check in with them, if you want," he offered, realizing that he might be of some use in this situation. Sure, his eyes weren't too great, but he could track with the best of them. It wouldn't be too hard to follow Eden's scent back to the fen. "I'm a good tracker."
What's Mine is Ours
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
She claimed that she and Sebastian had parted on good terms, indicating that Seb knew of her departure. The dark Alpha was still on the fence, however, until she mentioned her abilities. Silvertip Mountain was in need of a healer. Adeline's injury, and the panic that arose afterward because no one knew much of how to help her heal, was still fresh in his mind. He felt he had failed her, and the rest of his pack mates, by not ensuring they had someone to help. As a leader, it was something Steady took very seriously, and he could not simply ignore it. 

His gaze turned to Grayday as he offered to go Broken Antler Fen to check in on them. It was a good idea, just to ensure the alliance was still there. That's a good idea. I haven't had contact with him in a few months; it will be good to check in. Will you be alright on your own? Steady couldn't very well go traveling far since it would leave the pack without a leader, but if Grayday didn't want to go alone, Steady was sure someone would. He would have usually sent Valette on a mission like this, but she was serving her purposes in another assignment for him.

When that was settled, Steady turned back to Eden. Your healing abilities will be much needed, and appreciated. Welcome to Silvertip Mountain, he said with a soft smile. I'm Steady, by the way, he added, remembering he had failed to introduce himself. 

Welcome to Silvertip Mountain!

REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter

Eden bowed her head slightly to her new superior, partially to show respect but also to hide her wide grin. She had been accepted into the pack, and she'd be able to fully show her abilities. She was truly grateful to her new alpha and planned on showing it in whatever way she could.

woohoo! go Eden!
english · french
· republic of auros ·
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Steady's question was an expected one, and so Grayday had a polite rebuff ready on his tongue. "No one will bother me," he said with an easy grin, relishing the thought of wandering off alone and still being useful to his family. "I'll be okay with just me."

He couldn't help but agree with the alpha when he said that Eden's healing skills would be useful. Maybe she could take a look at Addie, even though she was mostly healed, now. They all hoped that nothing like that would ever happen again, but Day was pragmatic enough to hope Eden would stick around for it - just in case.

"Welcome," he echoed, though he remained by Steady in hopes that the man would bid him leave at once. A quick briefing was all he would need, and then he would be on his way.
What's Mine is Ours
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Grayday seemed confident he would be fine on his own, and Steady nodded. Alright, he replied. While he would still worry, he wouldn't force him to take someone along. Leave as soon as possible, okay? he questioned. He wasn't sure if Grayday had anything pressing he needed to do before he left, but as far as Steady was concerned, the sooner the better.

Eden bowed, but otherwise offered no verbal response. While that struck the Alpha as a little odd, he didn't remain focused on it for more than a few moments. You're welcome to explore the territory now. If you're hungry, there might be some stored food in the caches, he offered. He wasn't sure the timeline of when she left Broken Antler Fen and right now, but he wanted to make sure she felt at home enough to eat now that she was here. If you need anything, just send a howl. With that settled, Steady turned to head back into the territory.

Last from me!