Hideaway Strath we'll cut them a smile each
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
the lotturos are officially 9 weeks old today! they're being moved to the rendezvous den. @Lotte, @Mallaidh, @Roarke, @Eirlys, @Ceallach + @Chusi, @Hemlock, @Sirius y'all are welcome to join in if you want. <3

The lotturos are nine weeks and for a moment Arturo is perplexed wondering if it has truly been two months since their tumultuous birth. To Ceannasach it seems so much shorter but he is a father three times over and knows just how fast time moves. Already, they are growing big and have begun to develop personalities, discovering who they are and what they want of the life they’ve been given. They are ignorant to their rocky beginning but the troubles that plagued them are not absent of them. They are stronger for it, all four of them. They are Ansbjørn’s …they are Fearghal’s. Arturo suspects that the vie within their children is inherited from both sides equally. The lotturos stand victors against a horribly high stack of odds and there is a swell of pride beneath his breast. He is proud of them, proud of Lotte.

He finishes up his patrol and swings by the rendezvous den that he and Lotte have taken shifts working on when the other is not watching the children. It is complete and the children no longer need to be confined to their birthing den. It is sad to leave behind the king sequoia — for the moment, he thinks with a twitch of his lips — but the children need more room. The rendezvous den is something of a first of many rite of passages the Lotturos will receive. Once Arturo inspects the den site and confirms that everything is in order he heads to the king sequoia and chuffs to summon his children and wife outside. The morning sun is rising in the sky and though Arturo feels bad that he might have awoken some from slumber he wants to relocate before the day hits it’s hottest peak.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
It hadn't felt like 9 weeks had already passed. In fact, it seemed only a few days ago that her new brothers and sisters had come onto this earth. They were adorable, but the older Fearghal was dying to see how they would look when they grew up. Their genes were so pretty; both Arturo and Lotte were very pretty. Was that weird to say? Probably, but she couldn't deny it. She wondered what she would've looked like had she been one of their real daughters too... Oh, what was she saying? She was their real daughter.

And there she was, right at the rendezvous site, waiting for the coming of her family with a pearly-white grin.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
Roarke is sleeping when Ceannasach’s chuff echoes around the birthing den. He stirs awake, momentarily startled as his eyes shoot open and he groggily lifts his head to look around for the source of the noise. Lips smack a few times and he lets out a wide yawn, teeth snapping together slightly as the yawn finishes. He stretches languidly, blinking the remaining vestiges of slumber from his eyes though the young winter’s bane is still groggy. Sleepily, he rises from his place nestled between his siblings and stumbles over someone’s tail, clumsy from being awoken before he was ready to rise. He meanders his way to the mouth of the birthing den, peeking his head out of it, pupils narrowing in their pools of milky star bursting into sharp glacial blue before his gaze comes to rest upon his father. The svelte coywolf stands peering down at him expectantly. “Why’m I awake?” Roarke complains, boyish voice still laced with stubborn traces of sleep, raw from hours of disuse. His mouth is dry and he really is tempted to bumble his way back into the den to catch a few more hours of shut eye but the idea is ceased the moment he catches Arturo’s fierce and fiery gaze upon him. He swaggers his way to his father, rubbing himself against the coy wolf’s legs where he ungracefully plops upon the ground at the man’s paws and waits with a fidgety impatience.
dressed like a deer kills like a lion
65 Posts
Ooc —

There is a little buzz around the den, something else happening that Ceallach hasn't been privy to. His father's rumblings and their older sisters presence boasted something curious happening and even as Roarke asked what was going on and Ceallach gave a little shrug. "Dunno,"  he chuckled as he brushed his shoulder against his brother and headed out into the sunshine. Roarke was quick to flop down at Arturo's feet and he chose to rub against Chusi's legs before he wound against Arturo's. "Mhm.. Papa?"  He was curious what they were doing. 

hämähäkki, muodonmuuttaja, satakieli
310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
Lotte bounded from the den with leaves yet tangled in her thick northern fur, and her first bright smile was for her first daughter. Perhonen!” she cried out happily, swiftly crossing the distance to butt her broad skull against Chusi’s slender chin. She still had bad days — days when she missed Dagfinn so fiercely she feared she would die of it — but today was cause for celebration. Two moons had passed since the birth of her children, and all four of them were healthy and hale, even the snowdrop. She circled round to her boys — ah, just look at them! — and the scarf of ashen fur that ringed her neck and dipped down into her décolletage seemed to swell as she regarded them with pride. “Ah,” she sighed, her gaze shifting with equal affection from Ceallach to Roarke to Arturo. “Heartbreakers, all of you.” Her smile was teasing as she smoothed a kiss across each beloved brow.

Taking a mental inventory, Lotte realized that her daughters were rather conspicuously missing, and she threw back her head to sing the tule kotiin call to draw them near.

@Mallaidh, Eirlys, where are you? Tule tänne!
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
I am SO SORRY for the delay. Hopefully it won't happen again. <3

Mallaidh hadn’t paid much attention to the buzzing around her. Sometimes there’s a lot of activity to the den that didn’t have a thing to do with her. While they were not giving her the full attention she so rightfully deserved, she doesn’t seem to mind it too much. She finds it easy to slip into a nap after a rough session of play. She doesn’t even stir when her father approaches and two of her siblings move from the den. When she does wake to the sound of her mother’s call, a little groggy and low in body temperature, she swivels her head as if she’d just been born.

Once she settles the bob of her head, she begins to pick herself up and stumble unceremoniously out of the den to the bright world around them with @Eirlys in tow. She looks first to her mother with a bright smile and wave of her thickening tail, a toothy grin of sharp baby teeth in her direction. As she teeters in her direction, she realizes the activity around her and stops halfway, waiting for further explanation and direction.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
hämähäkki, muodonmuuttaja, satakieli
310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
Lotte watched with rapt attention as her ferocious little firstborn bounded into the clearing with the silent snowdrop in tow. “Come here to me, Mallaidh, Eirlys,” she says when the smoke-and-shadow child stops halfway and her shyer sister bumbles into her rump. “My fierce girl and my sweet flower! We are going on an adventure today — right, papa?” She turned to look at @Arturo with mischief glinting in her moonbright eyes. “You do not want the boys to beat us there, do you?” She uttered this in a stage whisper. Lotte had been encouraged to compete with her brothers; female against male contests were a huge part of her upbringing. Maybe it wasn’t the best idea to do the same for her own children, but it was all she knew. Females, Lotte felt, were as strong as — if not stronger than — their male counterparts.
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
just going to go ahead and make this a wrap up post for archival.

“We’re moving to a bigger den to better accommodate the six of us as you grow bigger.” Arturo speaks to answer Roarke’s sleepy question but his response is meant for all of his children to sate any curiosity they may have had. He corals them to the rendezvous den and smiles when he sees Chusi waiting for them. He strides forward to greet his older daughter with a nudge to her chin before he settles at Lotte’s side and lets the Lotturos run free to explore the den and claim their own corners of it for sleeping, content to let them claim where they wanted and ready to step in and intervene if any quarrel over sleeping space should arise, but otherwise thinking it best to decide and work out for themselves. Arturo knows it will not last: soon, they will want dens of their owns and he cherishes these little moments while they are not lost to him.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean