Ravensblood Forest Looking for a fight?
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
@Drogon

It was Howl's first time out of the pack's new territory and he was in search of some more capable members. Ones that would be able to hunt and do other things that the pups and pregnant females couldn't. After speaking with Grayday and both of them agreeing that new members were needed, Howl had headed North into the Ravensblood Forest. 

His surroundings became a mixture of reds and greens from the trees around him. He searched the ground for paw and claw marks, while testing the air for scents or recent markings. Unlike prey animals wolves didn't tend to hide unless they were hunting and so Howl didn't feel the need to look under bushes or other bits of foliage. Most likely he would catch some movement, or hear something that would be another wolf. And that's what Howl hoped would happen as he walked through the forest.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
The ravens were Drogon’s first indication that he wasn’t the only predator prowling through the forest. Their shrill calls rise through the forest, shattering the silence as Drogon rests beneath the shade of a giant sequoia: the king sequoia. There is a raven that has particularly taken a liking to him: he thinks she is young but in truth he doesn’t know. She’s a stubborn beast that keeps bringing him scraps of things: a mouse, once. A squirrel tail. Gifts? Or her attempts at feeding him? Regardless of how many times he shoos her off, snapping his teeth at her she refuses to travel further than a branch overhead and more oft than not stares at him in an indignant manner that he finds begrudgingly admirable. The grump tundrian has already decided that the first time she relieves herself on him he’s going to eat her and has told her as much. If she’d heard or even understood he doesn’t know. She just cocked her head and stared at him with a beady black eye, the feathers of her chest puffing in a silent huff before she went about …whatever she was doing.

For the most part, she’s a quiet companion and Drogon supposes he can’t much complain. Her screaming caw causes him to cringe but he rises to his paws, hackles bristling along his spine as a figure shrugs through the underbrush and Drogon finds himself face to face with another male. The man’s pelage is a dark chocolate with black mask ( and other markings ) and silver grey eyes; tall and confident. A pack wolf, Drogon knows. A pack scent that reminds him instantly of the young merle girl, Lavender, he helped find rocks with and her father whom had loomed like an overseer. As if Drogon was going to hurt a little girl. “You’re a long way from home.” The tundrian draws, though Lavender’s pack had been on the move when he’d came across her and, in truth, Drogon has no idea where they had eventually came to settle. It wasn’t meant to be an accurate statement anyway, it was meant to subtly inform that he knew the stranger’s pack scent, whilst warning that he might wish to tread with caution in this forest for the shadow runner (Constantine) has begun to stake his claim it.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
As Howl ventured deeper into the forest he could hear ravens over head. Calling to one another and to other things that sounded more like screams and shouts then bird calls. The forest wasn't the brightest of places, but it didn't seem to pose any threat to Howl and so he continued on. Until a darker and younger wolf came into view. He didn't seem shy at all, seeing as how he came face to face with Howl with little barrier between them. His scent was not mixed with many other smells othen then himself, which made Howl believe that he was either a loner, or had been away from his pack for some time now. 

In either case this male could be what Howl was looking for, someone to recruit to Morningside. Assuming that his younger age didn't hinder his ability to provide for him self and others like a full fleadged adult would be able to. But as he began to speak Howl became hisitant in giving him any benefit of the doubt. Howl never wanted to be rude, but he did have to be cautious to whom he told could possibly become a member of their pack. It seemed that either this male could recognize the scents of the other pack members that Howl had just left, or that he thought he could recognize all the wolves that had been in the area before the packs move.

"Not really." Howl replied in a rather straight faced tone. "What about you?" he asked hoping that the question would reviel if the wolf was in a pack or a lone wolf, who if everything went well, could join the pack.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
Subtly, Drogon was attempting to fish for information, to ferret it from the dark male who carried ( perhaps faintly ) a familiar whiff of pack scent that had clung to the tendrils of the merle girl whom called herself Lavender. He wasn’t sure why. She was but a mere babe but he hadn’t forgotten about her penchant for rocks. She was like the little sister he’d never had. Sort of. For a few hours she’d brought out Drogon’s soft side; a side the tundrian hadn’t thought he’d had anymore. Howl’s “not really” left the tundrian with the impression that Morningside had settled close to Ravensblood, though the Drogon supposed he could have chosen to be vague on purpose: to give that illusion as to not give away their location. Secrecy. Drogon was really beginning to hate secrecy.

The question turns back to him and Drogon lets out a silent snicker, a curl of his lips as he contemplates just how honest he wants to be. “Maybe I’m far from home and maybe I’m not.” Home is where the heart is, after all, and he has yet to form those sorts of attachments. His heart has long since been set adrift and then froze over from whatever frigid sea it’d plunged into. “What's your business here, stranger?” The tundrian asks, figuring it's best to let the small talk to the birds ( or those who enjoyed small talk more than Drogon ever could ).
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Trying to figure out a way how they can spar without it getting hostile... 

It seemed as though Howl's wan't going to get a straight answer out of this male as he gave him an answer that was neither a yes or a no. It made Howl ponder. The male didn't right out and say that he wouldn't tell Howl. Others might have said something close to "None of you business', but giving this vauge answer made Howl think that there maybe was a way to get it out of the male. The male asked what Howl was doing in the Ravenblood Forest to which Howl was also hesitant to divulge. It might have been simple to lie and just say strolling through, but lying never came off Howl's tounge easily and he thought it might become visably evident. He could simply decide to refuse to answer the males question, but Howl had something else in mind.

Seeing how both of the males seemed only willing to answer their questions vaguly maybe there could be some insentive. Howl thought of a game in his mind, something that would most likely be a hit or miss with the male. A spar between the two, friendly and not too brutal, but the victor could ask his questions and the other would have to answer. It seemed childish in a way, but Howl hadn't had a chance to spar anyone in awhile and this stranger seems as good a partner as any.

"Maybe I have something to do, and maybe I don't." howl lightly smirked as he played back the males words. "You know I have alittle bit of a proposition for you, nothing too serious. It seems as though we both may have questions for one another... Why not have a little spar to see who's questions get answered?" howl suggested wondering if this male would blow him off or take part in the endevour.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
i wasn't sure who was supposed to go first so starting round 1. :0 hopefully i did this right, lol.

Drogon realizes that the other male — from a pack whose name he doesn’t know because he doubted he would have understand even if the merle girl had told him as at the time she was still learning to pronounce words and speak — speaks in quid pro quo as he offers the soturi a “maybe I do, maybe I don’t” response and then proceeds to offer a not too serious proposition. The tundrian wasn’t so sure he wanted to play twenty questions with the man but it was true that Drogon wanted to, at least, know what this stranger’s business was and why he needed to walk through lands that were int he process of being claimed to do so; and the tundrian supposes that social etiquette ( not that he’s terribly well versed or mannered in such things ) dictates that an answer for an answer is only fair. Plus, the friendly spar is a chance to practice and Drogon has missed the practice with an animate object. Trees work as excellent palus but they are utterly unyielding and do not offer the experience of sparring with something that moves and thinks and fights back.

He isn’t very interested in the twenty question part, admittedly, aside from seeking the answer to his perfectly reasonable question but as it’s the whole point of the deal offered before him Drogon begrudgingly accepts them as a packaged deal.

“Deal.” The tundrian accepts with a grin that reveals his sharp, pearly white teeth. A grin made for war. He takes a moment to stretch languidly: in a true fight there wasn’t any time to warm up his muscles but this was only a friendly spar between two strangers in an effort to solve their unwillingness to answer the other’s questions. “Beauty before age,” The aspiring warlord teases haughtily with a shit-eating grin. “I don’t have a home. I haven’t for a long time.” What was it now? Two months? Three? He’s lost count and this time it has nothing to do with his coping mechanism. His answer given he surges forward with a low snarl in his throat with intent to ram his shoulder against the older male’s rib cage.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Doesn't matter who starts really.
Howl's health 5.
Drogon attacks with 4 points, Howl defends 1. Damage to Howl 3.
Howl attacks with 2 points, Drogon (will) defend 1. Damage to Drogon (will be) 1.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Howl watched as the male thought over is proposition. Howl assumed the male would decline, but was happily surprised to hear that the two had a deal. This would give Howl the answers he wanted as well as highten his sparing skills. His last spar had been with Ezekiel from Easthollow, but ever since Morningside's move he hadn't seen his old sparing partner. He wondered if she should maybe go back and inform him and thus his pack that Morningside had moved. But that would have to wait for another time.

The dark male went on to say that he wasn't in a pack and that he hadn't been for some time. This  told Howl two things. The obvious that this wolf was a lone wolf, but it also made him think that it was very possible that he wouldn't want to join Morningside if he proved to be fit. After all it seemed as though he had had plenty of time to join a pack in the past and hadn't.

The dark male then rushed towards Howl. His attack didn't involve a bite, but it was none the less very effective. The male's shoulder rammed into Howl's side causing him to lose his breath and most likely bruse his side. Even though this wolf was somewhat young it didn't seem to deminish his fighting skills. The hit caused Howl to crouch down low to the ground. But at this vantage point he decided to go in a bit Drogon's front paw.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
ok, thanks! c: finishing round one & starting round two. For round two Drogon rolled a partial attack & partial defense.

The impact of his shoulder to the older male’s side is enough to jar the tundrian but he circles back as the collusion knocks the breath out Howl. Dragon waits for his question to be answered but it doesn’t come. He supposes it can easily excuse it as the fact that he’s temporarily knocked the man breathless but Drogon’s given an answer and feels that it’s only fair he receives on in return. “It’s your turn to answer.” The soturi reminds his sparring partner unabashedly. Drogon isn’t exactly a fan of talking and sparring because he’d much rather be focused on the fight but it was what they’d agreed to; and Drogon tried to be a man of his word.

Howl goes for his paw from his position on the ground and though Drogon is able to defend most of the attack the sharp pain of teeth puncturing his flesh is unavoidable. There’s no draw of blood though and when his paw is freed Drogon moves back to reposition himself for round two, muzzle tucking to protect his throat as he waits for an answer before he lunges forward once more, jaws parted as he aims to bite the Howl’s shoulder.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Lol. I completely forgot about Howl answering the question. Howl rolls partial attack and defense. 

Howl had been swept up in the fight and hod forgotten that he had a question to answer himself. Initially he though that who ever won the fight would get thier question answered. But he supposed that if he got his question answered along the way, what did it really matter. Howl got a bite on Drogon's ankle, but he couldn't hold on and the Drogon took a few steps back from Howl. "I'm out looking for possible recruits for my pack." he answered.

Drogon made another lung towards Howl this time aiming for his shoulder. Drogon grabbed hold and Howl attempted to push against him, but it wasn't enough. Will the wind still out of him, he didn't have the energy and he lowered himself to the ground for the male to pin him and allow him victory in this spar. Howl didn't feel to bad about losing, after all he had gotten something out of it. Though it seemed like alot of hard work for such a simple question. Were they going to need to spar again for this conversation to continue.
Howl's current spar health is 0. Do you want to make another thread continuing this one and start a new thread or...?
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
we can try to keep it going for a bit longer, if you'd like; or we can wrap it up. i don't mind either way. :-)

Drogon pins Howl to the ground, taking the victory as his but unable to help but think that it all felt a little too easy. They’d only just gotten started, after all. The only thing the soturi could figure is that the ram of his shoulder into the older male’s rib cage had been more effective …or perhaps a harder hit than the tundrian had intended to use. Drogon’s still growing and is not yet fully aware of the and damage he can cause with his weight. Crowned the victor the tundrian gives the male his space, contemplating his words. He’s looking for recruits. It makes Drogon wonder if Lavender’s father ever found the merle girl’s mother. Or if she ever found anymore rocks; and then further to question why he even cares. “Well,” Dragon draws unsure what he was meant to say in regards to that — or if he needed to say anything at all. “Good luck with that.” It sounds satisfactory enough to Drogon, at least.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
I think I may need to lower attack values by one point in the future.
Howl had not been having the best of luck when it came to the spars he had taken part in recently. Maybe he was just that distracted thinking about Heartha back at home, or maybe his heart wasn't in it - or his player had been having crap rolls - whatever it was Howl knew that in the face of any real danger he would be able to defend himself and those around him.

Drogon eventually let go of Howl allowing him to rise from the ground. The males responce to Howl's question seemed light hearted. As if Howl had expected him to care a bit more about his answer with everything they had just quickly gone threw for a few answers. "Well. I'm Howl by the way." he introduced himself realizing he didn't have a name to call this male by.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
feel free to post once more or archive as is. thank you for the thread! :D

A name was given to him, because it’s the only thing — as far as Drogon can tell anyway — left between them that they had yet to touch base on. Howl. “Drogon.” The tundrian offers after a few beats of silence, his tail twitching behind him as he paces slightly. The brief spar was enough to work up he desire but there is a lot of pent up energy writhing in him that he figures he might spend on hunting. “Word of advice,” The lion draws, his deep, gravelly voice as he moves to the edge of the small clearing, his skin itching to hunt. “Avoid territories that are in the process of being claimed while looking for recruits.” Constantine’s scent was all over the place, after all. Not that the tundrian was sure the man was trying to recruit him but it was the business he was here on and though it sounds a bit condescending coming from the youth Drogon feels the need to point it out just in case. It went without saying, in the Ansbjørn’s mind but in case Howl thought about lingering around Ravensblood the soturi felt compelled to pass along the warning nevertheless.

He casts Howl a glance over a broad shoulder. “Maybe I’ll see you around.” Maybe I’ll come and visit, though in truth if he did go and visit Morningside it would be with the intent of seeing Lavender because the merle girl is the closest thing Drogon had to a friend currently which was pretty sad. He offers a devil-may-care smirk before he disappears into the tree-line zeroing in on the first scent trail he could find: wild goat and set to his purpose.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Drogon introduced himself and then proceeded to give Howl some uncolisited advise. Morningside was new the area so any rumor of a forming pack would have gone over his head. He could smell the scent of others, but there was no set up border to officially claim the area. The scent of others had intreged him initially to think that there would be other wolves in the area he could talk to. It hadn't really crossed his mind that it might be because a pack was planning on claiming it. Maybe it was all the other things on his mind at the time, but she shugged it off when he ended up turning around and headed back towards Morningside. Nothing bad had happened and no harm had been done, plus Howl had learned of a newly forming pack. All was good for him.