Dragoncrest Cliffs Soon as I open my eyes, see the sun through the blinds, I feel electrified
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
His words cast a shadow over the sunny day. Wildfire stopped and turned toward him, an apologetic frown marring her face. "I know, Bobby, I'm so sorry." She knew he hadn't meant to burst her bubble, though, and she didn't want to linger on all the things she'd missed. "How about we hunt together? I've always worked best with a teammate."

After giving him a chance to react, Wildfire began moving again, threading through the trees. It was so damn good to be home. She would never take for granted the way the sun shone down through the treetops, scattering light and shadow across her back. She had been imprisoned underground for so long. Buried alive, she thought darkly, then forced that thought away and glanced again at her son's face.

"So are you working on the hunter trade?" she wondered before it occurred to her to amend, "Or have you earned it already?" Her children were adults now, Wildfire reminded herself, ignoring the dull pang in her chest. "Any specialties?" But before Bobby could even answer her, another thought tumbled from her mouth. "Speaking of hunters, you look so much like your grandfather now."
Messages In This Thread
RE: Soon as I open my eyes, see the sun through the blinds, I feel electrified - by Wildfire - January 29, 2018, 09:16 AM