Ocean's Breath Plateau seized from the depths
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
It was in that lengthy beat of silence that he watched, calculating whether she weighed pros or cons to his offer. Though it would have been disappointing, he would not have faulted her if she declined; the season was still long before frost would coat the fading leaves, and the world may as well have been their oyster. But to say he doubted she would decline would have been untrue, for he believed himself charming enough to sway such things in his favor. So Dirge let her draw out such a deliberation, his tongue held still for an unimaginable amount of time in a final test of will.

A smile returned to his features when she agreed.

"I can relate to that," he hummed—solitary life certainly grew droll after a while. "But I believe you will find good company. You seem the sort to have keen taste for it." His smile turned knavish again, as though he greased his own wheel as much as her own. But the reality of it was double-sided and not to be withheld. Dirge turned back towards the descent that had brought him up, a gesture in his motions that suggested she could follow, and with it the premise he found words for.

"Our band is small in numbers for now, not that I take particular offense about it, but I welcome ways to bolster such. And the sort who are, well, effectual in words and actions." His steps were leisure once more. "If you fancy yourself a gatekeeper of sorts." Bethlehem did not seem the sort that would just let anything wander by or in, but he also knew better than to presume too much; it was evident that like he, she was no beast to be tamed.

of course! feel free to fade this with your next reply and let me know if you'd like me to start us another, or if you want to. :D ♡
Messages In This Thread
seized from the depths - by Dirge - July 11, 2018, 04:48 PM
RE: seized from the depths - by Beth - July 17, 2018, 12:46 AM
RE: seized from the depths - by Dirge - July 19, 2018, 03:43 AM
RE: seized from the depths - by Beth - July 21, 2018, 04:06 PM
RE: seized from the depths - by Dirge - July 23, 2018, 11:03 PM
RE: seized from the depths - by Beth - July 24, 2018, 02:12 PM
RE: seized from the depths - by Dirge - July 25, 2018, 12:59 AM
RE: seized from the depths - by Beth - July 25, 2018, 04:39 PM
RE: seized from the depths - by Dirge - July 26, 2018, 03:57 AM
RE: seized from the depths - by Beth - July 26, 2018, 05:51 PM
RE: seized from the depths - by Dirge - July 26, 2018, 06:38 PM