The Sunspire destiny and fortune
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Rannoch was hurt; it was as clear as day upon his face, in his frail smile, and in how his energetic shift was so dramatic. She loathed to hurt him; to hurt anyone, but mostly him. He had offered her so much and asked for so little in return — and she repaid his kindness with her leaving. It was unavoidable, but she did wish the circumstances had been different.

— wished for it, and in the same breath, she would also wish for her sweet Oaxaca to still be living; singing; loving. 

Swallowing a sudden stabbing, Olive almost offered herself up as the scout in question — that had been her trade once, hadn’t it? — but she swallowed that too, for she was a mother and a midwife now; scout no longer. Surely there were others who were better suited for the job than she, who could no more take a break from her children as she could her own beating heart. Silence danced upon her tongue as Seabreeze supplicated to Rannoch, begging that he might smooth over the jagged remains of their relationship, and announced their departure.

Well, that was that.

Olive followed her sister’s lead, suddenly quite eager to take the next step now that it was so plainly in view. The worst parts of this entire process were over, and freedom was merely on the horizon. Still, the nostalgic parts of her soul gathered in her bones and quelled her leaving. In a breathy whisper, and not entirely sure what sentiment to make, she said
“Rannoch, I….” took a moment to think, and lifted her gaze to meet his own. "I wish you and the other wolves of sunspire the most blessed life; full of love and laughter and light.”  Her words came from her heart, for the family who had taken her in and given her children the ability to survive deserved absolutely that. The universe’s karmic law would take care of them grandly, she was assured.  “and I will hold out hope that, before we perish and whenever that may be, that our paths might cross one more time.”  Then, they left.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
destiny and fortune - by Olive - August 06, 2018, 06:11 PM
RE: destiny and fortune - by Rannoch’s Ghost - August 07, 2018, 03:29 PM
RE: destiny and fortune - by Seabreeze - August 12, 2018, 12:00 PM
RE: destiny and fortune - by Olive - August 15, 2018, 11:38 AM
RE: destiny and fortune - by Rannoch’s Ghost - August 16, 2018, 03:17 PM
RE: destiny and fortune - by Seabreeze - August 18, 2018, 11:13 AM
RE: destiny and fortune - by Olive - August 19, 2018, 01:50 PM
RE: destiny and fortune - by Rannoch’s Ghost - August 22, 2018, 10:56 AM