Stone Circle The mess is mine
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
just realized this is very long, sorry xD I had a lot I wanted to type 

As the wolves of East Hollow charged at the bison, Vespera steered just a bit away from them, the female wasn't use to hunting in a group since she most likely if not ever hunted with a group before. Maybe she might have played a game with her siblings long ago but the memory was vivid, almost non existent. However Vespera saw just a little bit of familiar faces, like Brynn, Valette, Ira, and Greyback, though she only met the male briefly and her first encounter with Ira wasn't so successful. However the female pushed on, she felt pride swelling, but a bit of nervousness since she has never hunted a bison before, so she figured it could be like hunting an elk or a deer. Vespera felt as this was a chance to prove that she had some talent besides running just her mouth. Her chance had come when Valette began barking orders at everyone including herself. Her task was to advert the bison away from the others, but Brynn would be joining her so she didn't feel awkward since she barely if not didn't know the others that would be joining her. Seriously? That's it? The task seems a bit too easy but whatever, do what ever you feel is right I guess. Vespera felt a little disappointed that she didn't get to do a more interesting task, but she rather not find out what would happen if she didn't do what she was told.

Vespera's paws felt light, she was charging so quickly that she felt that she was flying. She knew well that her speed was not something to be overlooked, since her body was slim, maybe even streamline like. The female rushed to her position and began to do her task to the best of her ability. All she had to do was steer the bison away from the other herd, the female just wanted to face the creature head on, but then she remembered something that Brynn had told her, "I'm also fast, but that's not the most important thing when hunting. Strategy is more important than speed, especially with a bull elk," Right..... I guess she is right in a way since I have never hunted bigger creatures by myself... Vespera tried to think of something that would steer it away. Thankfully her questions were answered when Valette had gave a suggestion of a distraction to steer the animal away. Vespera began to smirk in a cheeky and evil way, maybe running my mouth isn't such a bad talent after all... The female darted forward away from the kicking hooves like Valette warned and she took note on the swinging horns. Vespera dug her back leg into the ground forcing her to drift to a stop, she was a little far from the bison but not to far or close. Vespera watched her pack mates bravely take on the bison, however she grew a bit worried when she saw Valette take the bison head on. Though the Alpha looked confident in her stance and balance, she watched the swinging horns almost strike her on the side. Vespera wrinkled her muzzle a bit and snorted, she had to do something.

Vespera took a deep breath, craning her neck with her paws firm on the ground, "Hey you! Ugly!" She howled loud enough so the bison could hear. That seemed to work since the bison's cold stare locked onto her confident gaze. "Yes you, you sorry sack of meat!" Vespera didn't wait for anyone to reply, "your mother was a hamster!" Vespera felt she was running out of breath since she mostly used it up for her sprints. "And your father smelt of Elderberries!" That was the best she could come up with since she tried to keep it pup friendly since she noticed young ones around Valette. Vespera felt even more childish when she spat her tongue at the limping beast as loud as she could, spinning around and kicking dirt towards its general direction. That did it. She watched the beast flare its nostrils and tried to charge at the female, Ok its up to you Brynn and the other wolves that I don't know to keep steering it away from the herd, I did what I could. Vespera felt a bit of exhaustion as she began to run in a direction away from the herd and hoped Brynn would maybe come to her rescue and help steer the creature away.

However Vespera was running out of sprint and the creature soon caught up. She had to dodge the swinging horns as best as she could with what little strength she had. She began to back off from the creature when she realized she got a little too close to its back legs. She completely forgot Valette's warning when in a flash, the creatures back legs came for her, she managed to  gather up strength to try to jump away but it was no good. The creatures back legs landed right in her side, and Vespera felt liquid run into her throat. Vespera was knocked into a bush with a yelp that she tried to hold back. Her body felt limp as she tumbled into the thicket, eventually coming to a stop. Her paws flopped on the ground and the female tried catch her breath. She knew that she got a little too cocky, but her insecurity flooded her mind, she didn't want the others to drop the mission to check on her. She heaved her body onto her paws and she slowly stumbled forward, poking her head out of the bush she gave a horse sounding cry, "I am okay!" Vespera caught her breath, her paws and legs trembling, she had to keep standing so her pack mates wouldn't worry.
Messages In This Thread
The mess is mine - by RIP Valette - October 13, 2018, 05:20 AM
RE: The mess is mine - by Illecebra - October 13, 2018, 06:32 AM
RE: The mess is mine - by Vespera - October 13, 2018, 09:27 AM
RE: The mess is mine - by Aerasha - October 13, 2018, 10:44 AM
RE: The mess is mine - by Ira - October 13, 2018, 01:56 PM
RE: The mess is mine - by Mawk - October 13, 2018, 04:42 PM
RE: The mess is mine - by Greyback - October 13, 2018, 10:41 PM
RE: The mess is mine - by Brynn - October 13, 2018, 10:56 PM
RE: The mess is mine - by Yakone - October 14, 2018, 06:08 PM
RE: The mess is mine - by Arlette - October 16, 2018, 08:42 AM
RE: The mess is mine - by Steph - October 16, 2018, 07:21 PM