Blacktail Deer Plateau rage, rage
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
All Welcome 
@Liri -- I have no idea what I'm doing or what Grezig is doing. I just wanna see how Liri would react, mostly. No spar/fight has to occur here or at any time. This is NOT a real rank challenege or anything like that. This is just Grezig trying to release anger in the only way she knows how. Anyone is welcome to join this thread, but the main characters will be Liri and Grezig so I will skip others in post order if others join.

Grezig paced and thought and paced some more. This crazy obsession with Liri was not healthy. The weird part was that her anger didn’t even seem to have anything to do with Kavik anymore. It was just… general anger about her strange relationship to Liri in general. They were once friends—or something. And now… Grezig sighed and shook her head, turning to continue pacing. It was a dominance thing. Grezig knew that now. Here was the problem: Grezig had been raised in a pack in which any sort of squabble was solved with a spar. The winner won and the loser lost—obviously. So if Grezig were in her natal pack still, and she’d wanted someone else’s mate—a situation she never thought she’d find herself in—she would have simply fought Liri over Kavik.

It was stupid. It was ridiculous. But the lack of a spar had created so much pent up emotion and energy that it made Grezig want to slam her head into a rock over and over again just to release it. Despite all of her amazing strides in communication, she was still inherently a physical being. She solved problems with action, not words. And clearly, words had done nothing to solve this problem. What did she want to do? Fight Liri? She didn’t want to kill Liri, or even really harm her. Those fleeting thoughts had come and gone so quickly. It was just that her emotions were stuck in her body and she didn’t know how to release them.

She continued pacing, her steps turning to stomps, her breathing heavier. Her vision tunneled and she thought of nothing for a while. Just the action of pacing. Eventually, when her mind came back to her, she wondered, would Liri even accept a spar, especially with her bad leg? And what would that accomplish? Even if no real harm was done and Liri won, Kavik would probably hate Grezig for fighting Liri in the first place.

She couldn’t think about it anymore. In desperation, she threw her head back and let out a wild call, demanding Liri’s attention. She guessed she would see how this went.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
The healer had taken to patrolling the boundaries that morning, refreshing her scent where it was lacking, finding the chilled air refreshing as it combed gentle fingers through her fur. The call was unexpected, drawing her from her relaxed meandering as she was interrupted by Grezig's howl. A combination of dread, intrigue, and anxiety caused her heart to pick up its pace as she sighed wearily. She wasn't looking forward to whatever conversation the Beta wanted with her - unaware that the warrior's thoughts were leaning towards violence. 

With reluctance dragging her paws, she loped hastily to the earthen agouti - wanting to get this over with. She drew to a halt as she neared, some buried instinct flagging as she took in Grezig's body language. Instinctively, her body straightened further, no sign of weakness in her stance as she faced the Beta, her face devoid of emotion.

"Grezig," she greeted simply, curiosity buried in her tones despite the wary glint in her dark gaze. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig’s eyes were wild at Liri’s one-word greeting. She’d been mid-stride at the alpha’s approach and whipped around to face the woman. She forced herself to relax somewhat, focusing her eyes properly and laying down the hackles that were half-risen. “Liri,” she said, her voice hoarse as if she were sick or she hadn’t spoken in years. “I apologize for the suddenness of the call,” she said, making herself say polite words despite her wish to simply fight and get it over with. She plowed ahead, trying to get all the words out as quickly as possible.

“In my natal pack, all squabbles were solved with spars. The winner chose the outcome and the loser had to accept it—or leave. I… I do not want that, but the fact is that we have had no spar to settle our differences.” She gave the alpha a look, studying her. “I want to fight you—not to the death, not to cause permanent harm, not to become alpha, not so I can take Kavik from you… I simply want to fight to get this out of my system.” She took a heavy breath. “I am tired of being angry and upset. I’m simply tired.” She paused. “Maybe this will solve it. If not, or if you refuse, I’m prepared to leave the Plateau so I stop destroying it. It is not healthy for your beta to be so angry. The leaders need to be in agreement and I… am not in agreement with you.”

At this point she really wasn’t sure what to say. “We can call others to witness if you wish, to prove to you that I mean no true harm. If I lose I will do as you wish. If I win… I suppose I’ve proven I’m a better warrior than you, for whatever good that will do.”
INVINCIBLE · EARTHQUAKE · POWERFUL
49 Posts
Ooc —

feel free to skip

Siege had also been on a patrol.  Since his induction to ranks he went nearly every morning and checked again in the evenings. 

Where he came from, gladiator matches were not uncommon, but rarely did they call for the consul.  He pulled from his work and arrived silently as he was prone to do, about halfway through the conversation.

That explained things.  He made himself apparent as an observer and reclined casually and sphynxlike on a nearby boulder.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
The sudden string of conversation floored the leader, for this had not been what she was expecting. The more Grezig spoke, the more perplexed and angry she became. The whole idea just seemed nuts, at least to her.

"I won't fight you. It would be pointless. The only thing it would fix is your feelings," dark eyes unwavering on Grezig's as she calmed herself. If she won, would it even be a victory? 

"If there's another issue - one with how I'm leading this pack - take it up with the Council. If you stay, you'll simply have to learn to sort out your emotions for me." Liri owed her nothing. Certainly not a fight and this request was just insane. 

"Leave if you need to," the healer said calmly, no malevolence in her gaze. She was so tired; she just didn't care anymore.

Grezig had made it clear she didn't care about Liri, so why on earth would the Alpha care about fixing her? 

"If that's your choice, I hope you find happiness."

And stop trying to steal it from others.

With those empty parting words, Liri turned and disappeared into her forest, her eyes glancing briefly to Siege as she left.
Last from me unless she's pursued/attacked. I will miss you two if Grezig does decide to go. Thank you for the many threads and the drama <3
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Now that Liri has left, there is zero posting order and no real rounds. Everybody can just post in whatever order at whatever time cos IDK what Grezig's gonna end up doing lol.

Grezig had no idea how to respond when Liri just… completely shut her down. She had momentarily glanced at Siege when the male had arrived, and felt heartened by his being there, but now she was just depressed. She couldn’t even muster the energy to be angry at Liri anymore. She had just been so utterly denied. Like a slap in the face. She felt deflated, like she was a balloon and all the air was being sucked out of her. She physically slumped to the ground, even. In retrospect, all of this had been pointless. Her anger at Liri. This challenge—or whatever it was. All of it had been utterly pointless and stupid. She’d made a fool of herself more than anything else. Maybe she really should leave the Plateau. Clearly she was too emotionally unstable to be in a leadership position.

Life had been much easier when she’d been all instinct. She didn’t know how to deal with this emotion shit. For lack of anything better to do, she just kept laying on the ground, staring at nothing, vaguely aware of her alpha’s retreating form…

Was there a point to anything anymore?
INVINCIBLE · EARTHQUAKE · POWERFUL
49 Posts
Ooc —
Quiick mobile post!

-------

He listens and watches with detached interest as Liri shuts down the beta.  It is her right, of course, but he has a particular distaste for the emotional way in which the sylph delivered her statement.

it is when Grezig falls to the ground that he rises, whuffing in her direction.  I will spar you, he offers gently, prepared to walk away should he be met with immediate aggression.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
So sorry for the wait! Last post here!

Minori thought it made perfect sense for Grezig to want to relieve her stress and feelings through a spar against the one that caused it but she was concerned about whether Grezig would be able to control herself and not hurt Liri. She stayed silent but tense as everything went down and regarded Liri with surprise. Apparently the alpha female didn't feel the same way, not wanting to battle Grezig. She seemed tired, weary. She watched Liri with Concern and almost offered to help Grezig relieve stress before Siege did it for her and she reguarded him with respect. Apparently Ruenna had been right, there was something going on between the alphas and apparently Grezig but she didn't know what exactly. She didn't say anything but gave Grezig a curious look before turning and following after Liri, unsure if she would check in on the alpha or not.
Merc. Mastery: 6/20
Purple= japanese
Bold= english