Lost Creek Hollow Nothing to see here
88 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Private 
@Ira

Rueger made haste in retreating back to Lost Creek Hollow after being rejected by their Alpha. He had been sure, assured by her words, that Greyback was not and would not, be a hindrance on their courting. Well, seeing as how she was courting Greyback now, he deemed that to be untrue. He wondered if she had lied in the beginning to him, or if Rueger's presence had prompted Greyback to reveal his feelings. Rueger wouldn't ask for answer, because frankly, they wouldn't change the end result. 

He had spent a couple hours resting, but was back up before the sun made its debut for the day. He was rather stoic as he trotted along the borders, looking for signs of trespassers, wolf or otherwise. He made it a point not to look towards Easthollow. If he was wise, he would simply act like nothing had ever transpired between them.
My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.
~Maya Angelou
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The Easthollow wolf was making her own rounds around the territory, simply to get a good feel for the area. There is always more to a pack than just the wolves who live within the ties. One thing she appreciated about Easthollow was the scenery. It did not compare to the mountain view from her homelands, but the plains had their own charm. As she explored, she could say Lost Creek had it's own charm too.

A part of the female felt bad for being nosy and exploring on her own. She might be an ally, but her scent was different and wandering around someone's home without the presence of someone who lives there alwasy felt wrong. Luckily she spotted one of the Hollow's members making a patrol run. Perhaps she could join them? Ira would definetly call her luck as she approached, recognizing the male as Rueger. Nice to see a familiar face, hope you don't mind if I trail behind?

Upon her initial arrival she had noticed the lack of Rueger's presence, but she did not question it. After all, there was a good chance she had just missed him and the male was out taking care of his own duties.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
88 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
A voice reached his ears and he stopped in his tracks, his head swiveling around. His gaze settled on Ira, from Easthollow. He recognized her immediately, remembering her as being quite fiery. His tail waved briefly as he waited for her to catch up. Not at all, he replied. He would remain with her, and close enough to the borders that no one in the pack should mind that she was here. She was an ally, after all. 

He started up his patrol, this time at a walk to make it easier to talk. Checking out Lost Creek? he asked. His mind went to Valette, but he refrained from asking any question about her. Her business was not his, and he would not worry himself on it.
My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.
~Maya Angelou
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Seeing that the male was waiting for her, Ira picked up her pace to join him and prevent holding up his work. She gave a shot nod in affirmation, Yes, I wanted to learn more about our allies. She glanced over at the other wolf, she could only really call him an aquaintence. After all they have only spoken once, but even without knowing much about Rueger his eyes looked like he was only half here. Perhaps he was troubled, or just too focused on his patrol. How have things been since you last visted? No troubles I hope? Her head swivled as she took in the scenery, making mental notes to herself. She would still keep an ear out for her companion.
88 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She confirmed that she was here checking them out. He wasn't offended-- after all, it was smart to know both your enemies and your allies. She asked how they were doing. We're alright. A couple of our members got attacked by a bear. One didn't survive, but the other seems to be healing, he explained, but didn't mention Rannoch was the one who was healing. While he had no problem keeping Easthollow up to date on things, giving out information that the Alpha was indisposed was not something he was comfortable it. Besides, they had Terance and Treason as their leaders now. We recently merged with Bearclaw Valley, as well, and that seems to be going okay, he added. 

He paused a moment to sniff at the ground. He was still familiarizing himself with Bearclaw's wolves, and wanted to make sure that scent was one of theirs and not an outsiders. This one was good, so he continued walking. How is Easthollow? he asked, probably a little too nonchalantly. He didn't really want to ask, but for alliances sake, he did anyways.
~Maya Angelou
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira would wait for the male to finish before she responded. At the news of a bear attack, she dipped her head out of respect. Losing a packmate was never good news and bears are always a dangerous threat around this season. Hearing about the merge of Bearclaw came as a shock, athough it did explain the strange mix of scents when she first arrived. Personally, she had never heard of this pack that merged with Lost Creek, but the fact that they combined with another pack interested her. I see. I am sorry about your loss. At least you have more wolves now to stay strong. She made a mental note to herself to keep the pack merge in mind for Valette when she does return to Easthollow.

We have been doing well. A few new wolves have showed up since you last visted. Other then that, all has been fairly silent. To really be honest, as far as the mountain wolf knew things were fine. Although shortly after she left a cougar had trespassed killing one packmate and injuring two others. She would have to find out about the tradegy after she returns home. Her mind had already moved on however. Nothing interesting was happening back home to her knowledge and she still wished to learn about Lost Creek. I don't suppose you have any pack history you could share with me, do you? Any noteable locations or wolves from your pack? How is your rank structure?