Felltree Marsh alone and only a sojourner in the land, without friends or the need of them
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
it was probably for the best that illidan struggled with his words. he tended to keep himself curt and polite, if he could help it. emotion made things challenging for the young man. slowly, he would learn to curb the bubbling rage that forced his tongue to lash out at others. it would take a great deal of time, but he would learn how men of few words were to be respected far more than those who burst with every inner turmoil.

when the girl commented on her mission, illidan swiveled his ears to meet her words and frowned thoughtfully at the comment. he wasn’t sure that he understood, as he didn’t see anything wrong with her mixed blood. she might have been different, but he did not see how that would change where she might live. he squinted at her sharply and shook his head. “well, you’ll find a home wherever you feel comfortable, right? you don’t need to wander forever,” he commented to her. then, as though it was something to be admired and learned from, illidan recalled the few things his father had told him.

“my dad wandered for… most of his life but he still settled down. that’s how he had me and my siblings.”

there was good in change, he thought. at least, he saw that as being a part of the moral of the story. he didn’t understand why his father would have mentioned it if it hadn’t been. there were times that illidan felt the same itch to wander that burned in the pads of his paws and thrummed in his heart like a war drum. perhaps he would pursue it, one day. he had only just been reconnected with his family, though. there would be time to fill his need to wander after he had given himself to them.
Messages In This Thread
RE: alone and only a sojourner in the land, without friends or the need of them - by Illidan - February 13, 2019, 08:33 PM