Ankyra Sound See the thing is I'm so sorry to say
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
their trudge up the slope was slow and difficult, but the boy held his ground in spite of the wound that had ravaged his shoulder. his eyes darted toward firefly once or twice to make sure that the man was still able to carry himself. when they reached the top, illidan breathed a soft sigh of relief and offered the most ghostly of smiles to his companion. they had done it, and it had only taken the two of them together. there was likely a lesson in there somewhere about how working alone didn't have nearly as much of an impact as working together did.

the boy was just pleased that they had done it without faltering.

“we failed her.”

his head snapped around so that his sharp yellow eyes latched on the sun-touched man. it was funny how quickly his feeling of triumph could fade when he turned to see where firefly was watching. yes, they had failed her. more than that, they had failed the one who had been kidnapped. how long could someone survive up there when they knew the odds were against them? illidan did not want to imagine what was going through rosalyn's mind.

“you don't fail when you lose. you fail when you quit,” he reminded the other man in a gravelly tone.
Messages In This Thread
See the thing is I'm so sorry to say - by RIP Firefly - January 11, 2019, 03:49 PM
RE: See the thing is I'm so sorry to say - by Illidan - January 13, 2019, 08:50 PM
RE: See the thing is I'm so sorry to say - by RIP Firefly - January 14, 2019, 01:08 PM
RE: See the thing is I'm so sorry to say - by Illidan - January 15, 2019, 12:45 PM
RE: See the thing is I'm so sorry to say - by RIP Firefly - January 15, 2019, 02:47 PM
RE: See the thing is I'm so sorry to say - by Illidan - January 17, 2019, 04:19 PM
RE: See the thing is I'm so sorry to say - by RIP Firefly - January 20, 2019, 03:19 PM
RE: See the thing is I'm so sorry to say - by Illidan - January 24, 2019, 01:34 PM
RE: See the thing is I'm so sorry to say - by RIP Firefly - February 03, 2019, 01:37 PM
RE: See the thing is I'm so sorry to say - by Illidan - February 12, 2019, 07:09 PM