Dawnlark Plains move like grey skies
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she did not know how anyone could go peacefully when their child still remained, alone and loved fiercely, but she was silent. then came the rest, gradual puzzle pieces that began to fill in a void. she was glad for those who'd wandered and found new lives, truly, though her her chest ached when news of Aditya was offered. she merely dipped her head, accepting without seeking to judge or understand why he'd done it. it was terrible, but was not too cheating on her mate, leaving behind her all after one failure too many? perhaps she'd go next to undersea. perhaps it was better to stay away. 

her crown tilted, muzzle stretched into a slight curve as he spoke, but at her brother's final words she paused, attempting to bring words to the sentiment she'd come to. "morningside is - was never a place. it was a people. those people are dead, scattered, some to good ends and others worst off than when they joined us." she paused, seeking her next words with care. "it began with Da, and some of it ended when he died. but now - " she exhaled, finding her brother's gaze then. "start your own legacy, Sunny. something new, with only hope and none of the failings of Morningide's last days." aditya had not left morningside leaderless; he'd left it with Sunny. her brother had not been enough, not had the experience to keep them upright, but he'd managed to keep together a small fraction of them. one day, he might be a father, a leader, but nor of morningside. those people were dead and gone, taking with them old bonds and potential to start something of themselves. 

"I will not come back with you, but nor will I leave. I need time to think, time to do what I need to. in a moon, I'll be back." to stay or to spend only a few days, she didn't know yet. still, wih the coldest part of the winter upon them came the knowledge that the thaw would come soon, and then spring; with it renewal and possibility.
Messages In This Thread
move like grey skies - by Dawn - January 20, 2019, 06:36 PM
RE: move like grey skies - by Sunny - January 21, 2019, 06:59 PM
RE: move like grey skies - by Dawn - January 21, 2019, 08:13 PM
RE: move like grey skies - by Sunny - January 22, 2019, 10:56 AM
RE: move like grey skies - by Dawn - January 22, 2019, 12:18 PM
RE: move like grey skies - by Sunny - January 22, 2019, 12:43 PM
RE: move like grey skies - by Dawn - January 22, 2019, 03:33 PM
RE: move like grey skies - by Sunny - February 05, 2019, 12:02 PM
RE: move like grey skies - by Dawn - February 06, 2019, 08:34 PM
RE: move like grey skies - by Sunny - February 08, 2019, 04:11 PM
RE: move like grey skies - by Dawn - February 08, 2019, 09:25 PM